user profile
Sign in
user profile

Reminder: November FBA capacity limits

by News_Amazon

As previously announced, FBA capacity limits will be temporarily reduced in November to accommodate our increased focus on delivery operations. On average, capacity limits for November provide enough storage for five months of inventory.

In November and December, we'll focus on processing customer orders. This temporary shift may cause receiving delays, but will ensure faster delivery speed and maximize your sales potential during the holiday season.

To ensure that you remain within your November capacity limits, we recommend that you send any inventory intended for 2024 events, such as Lunar New Year, after December 31, 2023.

If you need more capacity after the holiday season, you can use Amazon Warehousing and Distribution to store your additional inventory and automatically replenish fulfillment centers.

View your capacity limits and capacity usage in the Capacity Monitor at the bottom of the FBA dashboard and you can request a limit increase with Capacity Manager if you need additional capacity.

For more information, go to FBA capacity limits.

Tags: News and Announcements
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

So setting limits limiting FBA so Amazon can focus only on shipping so what is Amazon planning on shipping if limits are applied? Or is Amazon planning on filling all warehoused with shipped and sold by Amazon only focusing on itself pushing 3p sellers to the curb during peak holidays? Or is it to make more money lowering limits then charging sellers surcharges? Because of the lower limits is like 25% of normal with no time restock ?

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

Explains why everyone is dumping their FBA inventory right now.

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

user profile
News_Amazon
Show post
This temporary shift may cause receiving delays,

The FBA shipment of books that was received on Sept 17 is still showing several books with delivery dates well into November. A shipment sent a week ago has not even been delivered, although UPS made several attempts.

Now you're saying that it's going to get WORSE??!!

user profile
Seller_f5KuYxzOv3YHL

What would happen if I already shipped inventory over the November limit?

user profile
Seller_tzb0Adb4whsRu

First we are told that shipments need to be in by Oct for the holiday season and yet capacity limits decrease for November?

Am I missing something because this makes no sense at all :(

user profile
Seller_aR3hgsKpsi9Co

No one in Amazon management should ever get colon cancer. This message proves their heads are so far up their (3rd Point of Contact) that it's a constant colonoscopy. What a bunch of jerks! Zero reaction time to changes that will incur costs to sellers. Great job.

user profile
Seller_cSYbFnG6zQju5

Amazon, you only lowered capacity rates on the standard size. the other $1350 cu ft was not reduced.

You lowered mine (and probably) all others from 225 CU FT to 100 Cu ft. and all of a sudden. inventory that Amazon accepted went over the 100 cu ft size. I had to hold back and FBA shipment that would easily fit into the 225 cu ft space and of courser there is that other $1350 sq ft I do not use,

So Amazon limits 3rd party sellers for the Xmas season, when we make the majority of our money.

I have a fulfillment center that is willing to do FBM, because of this. I assume other sellers are out of luck. This seems penny wise and pound foolish.

I am about 106 cu ft right now. Amazon accepted this volume. What if I was at say 200 cu ft. Am I supposed to have amazon send product back at my cost to avoid penalties?

Amazon should not charge any capacity penalties to existing inventory if it in excess of the reduction in November. It makes no sense, the inventory is there already, so the space is available. This should have no effect on processing orders.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post