Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_2nsdObZYy9V2n

Help: additional documentation to verify your identity (no responce)

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with getting my account activated. I changed some creditcard information on August 17 and that made Amazon disable my account and they send me this notification:

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you recently applied to sell on Amazon or you recently changed information on your seller account.

If you recently applied to sell on Amazon: At this moment, we are not able to verify your account, so your account cannot be activated. We need additional documentation to verify your identity. Please follow the steps under “How do I proceed with my application or reactivate my account?"

If you currently sell on Amazon: For your security, we have suspended your Amazon seller account. We need to verify a change to your payment methods. If you did not make this change, contact Seller Support. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Please ship any open orders. If you have any funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

How do I proceed with my application or reactivate my account?

1. Confirm you have a valid credit card on file.
  2. Provide the following documents.
  3. A bill that is dated within the last 90 days for piped or natural gas, electricity, piped water, or internet service with name and address visible.
  4. Business license, if applicable.
  5. Make sure the files are in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered, and the name and address on the document must match the name and address you provided during registration.
  6. Submit your documents by following this link

Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may sell on Amazon again.

We’re here to help

If you currently sell on Amazon, you can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to payments-

You can view your account performance at or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

I did act on the request so send the information they needed. but then they asked for an extra bill with the name of the creditcard owner on it. sending me this message:

Dear Rob Nijhuis,

_We have reviewed the document(s) you recently provided but do not have enough information to reactivate your seller account at this time. _

We were unable to complete the review because you failed to provide the document required for the appeal.

_During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address this issue. Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account. _

Why is this happening?
Your Amazon seller account has been deactivated in accordance with section 3 of Amazon’s Business Solutions Agreement. If you currently sell on Amazon, we need additional documentation to verify your payment methods and your identity.

How do I reactivate my account?
Please confirm that there is a valid credit card on file, and provide the requested document(s) in .pdf, .png, .jpeg, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered.

The name and address on the document(s) must match your name and address in Seller Central. Please certify that you have provided the document(s) in one of the supported languages. Supported languages include: Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese. If the documents provided are not in one of the supported languages, the original document must include a notarized translation into one of the languages previously mentioned.

How do I send the required information?

_Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may sell on Amazon again. _

_What happens if I do not send the requested information? _
You have 90 days after receiving this notification to either provide a valid appeal or choose not to appeal. After that time, you may contact to request your funds. We will conduct a separate investigation to evaluate your account. The policies we put in place are to protect our customers and selling partners. If we find that you have engaged in deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or have abused our systems or repeatedly violated our Policies, we may withhold some or all funds in your account.

We’re here to help
_You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to _

You can view your account performance at or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

We may not respond to further emails about this issue.
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com

Now i did provide all the info but i dont get any reaction anymore.
I provided then the following documents:

a creditcard statement
the copy of my passport
a bill of internet services on the address which is registered in my sellers account

I didnt get any new update since 7 december and i dont know how i can activate my account anymore.

the address and names on the passport, cc statement and bill are all the same and i dont know why my account is still disabled and i dont even get a response from Amazon anymore.

With kind regards,

Rovince.

12 replies
Tags:Address, Credit card, Payments, Registration, Seller Central, Verification
12 replies
user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

I’m facing a similar problem like yours. Have opened a new seller account and got the same massage along side deactivating the account. Have sent Amazon all requested documents (in my case utility bill to prove business existence), and at first received the same response since Amazon rejected our B. registration certificate. Then submitted exactly what they ask for and no response since the 7th of December. Really frustrating! And when I click on getting help with your appeal and request a call back or email I immediately receive a separate auto massage that “This is not the correct way to appeal…”.

Would really really appreciate any suggestions from more experienced sellers in the Forum.
Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

Please dont follow that path. I’m sorry if I was misunderstood. I dont know to tell you if it will make any difference if you will delete and reopen your account. What I did in fact was to ask Amazon to delete a previous Vendor seller account we had (Wasn’t successful), and opened a new seller central account for the same company, and still facing the issue with frozen account for the past 3 weeks now, and with no response from Amazon.

At this point, patient is all we have to go with. I would also suggest you refrain from contacting Amazon again and again or provide more info as I did, unknowing it causes your case to be bumped to last in line…)-: I learned this from searching here in the forums.

I will make sure to update this thread once I hear from Amazon.
Good luck brow
Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

I’m really disappointed so far from the seller experience I have from Amazon. Just makes one understand how small and unimportant your business is for Amazon. It’ s a stalemate situation I wish I hadn’t got into but already imported our goods to the USA so no backing up now.

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hey @Rovince_B.V,
Any news you can share?

I’m adding Mr. @Javier-SellerSupport, perhaps you can offer any advice on the topic?

It’s been since the 9th of December that I last heard back about our appeal. I admit, we might have done it the wrong way and should have waited with our appeals until we can submit a utility bill. But we all make honest mistakes sometimes, and the intentions were positive. We assumed that a business registration certificate and incorporation certificate would be even stronger prove of legit business existence. So is an up to date distribution contract. I dont believe it’s fair to punish new sellers with an unwritten 3 strikes rule and completely block us from the chance to have a successful business through Amazon. After all, we all have a mutual interest.

Roy

user profile
Seller_ghlNt5Iw7rL4C

@SacredSorce @Rovince_B.V

You are not allowed to open a second seller account on Amazon.

You have to delete the second account and try reactivating the first.

You have to explain why you opened a second account as well as it goes against the seller agreement

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_2nsdObZYy9V2n

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with getting my account activated. I changed some creditcard information on August 17 and that made Amazon disable my account and they send me this notification:

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you recently applied to sell on Amazon or you recently changed information on your seller account.

If you recently applied to sell on Amazon: At this moment, we are not able to verify your account, so your account cannot be activated. We need additional documentation to verify your identity. Please follow the steps under “How do I proceed with my application or reactivate my account?"

If you currently sell on Amazon: For your security, we have suspended your Amazon seller account. We need to verify a change to your payment methods. If you did not make this change, contact Seller Support. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Please ship any open orders. If you have any funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

3. A bill that is dated within the last 90 days for piped or natural gas, electricity, piped water, or internet service with name and address visible.
  5. Make sure the files are in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered, and the name and address on the document must match the name and address you provided during registration.

Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may sell on Amazon again.

We’re here to help

If you currently sell on Amazon, you can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to payments-

I did act on the request so send the information they needed. but then they asked for an extra bill with the name of the creditcard owner on it. sending me this message:

Dear Rob Nijhuis,

_We have reviewed the document(s) you recently provided but do not have enough information to reactivate your seller account at this time. _

We were unable to complete the review because you failed to provide the document required for the appeal.

_During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address this issue. Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account. _

Why is this happening?
Your Amazon seller account has been deactivated in accordance with section 3 of Amazon’s Business Solutions Agreement. If you currently sell on Amazon, we need additional documentation to verify your payment methods and your identity.

Please confirm that there is a valid credit card on file, and provide the requested document(s) in .pdf, .png, .jpeg, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered.

The name and address on the document(s) must match your name and address in Seller Central. Please certify that you have provided the document(s) in one of the supported languages. Supported languages include: Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese. If the documents provided are not in one of the supported languages, the original document must include a notarized translation into one of the languages previously mentioned.

_Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may sell on Amazon again. _

You have 90 days after receiving this notification to either provide a valid appeal or choose not to appeal. After that time, you may contact to request your funds. We will conduct a separate investigation to evaluate your account. The policies we put in place are to protect our customers and selling partners. If we find that you have engaged in deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or have abused our systems or repeatedly violated our Policies, we may withhold some or all funds in your account.

We’re here to help
_You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to _

Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com

a creditcard statement
the copy of my passport
a bill of internet services on the address which is registered in my sellers account

I didnt get any new update since 7 december and i dont know how i can activate my account anymore.

the address and names on the passport, cc statement and bill are all the same and i dont know why my account is still disabled and i dont even get a response from Amazon anymore.

With kind regards,

Rovince.

12 replies
user profile

by Seller_2nsdObZYy9V2n

Hello everyone,

Hello,

We’re here to help

Dear Rob Nijhuis,

Why is this happening?

We’re here to help

Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com

a creditcard statement
the copy of my passport

With kind regards,

Rovince.

12 replies
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

I’m facing a similar problem like yours. Have opened a new seller account and got the same massage along side deactivating the account. Have sent Amazon all requested documents (in my case utility bill to prove business existence), and at first received the same response since Amazon rejected our B. registration certificate. Then submitted exactly what they ask for and no response since the 7th of December. Really frustrating! And when I click on getting help with your appeal and request a call back or email I immediately receive a separate auto massage that “This is not the correct way to appeal…”.

Would really really appreciate any suggestions from more experienced sellers in the Forum.
Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

Please dont follow that path. I’m sorry if I was misunderstood. I dont know to tell you if it will make any difference if you will delete and reopen your account. What I did in fact was to ask Amazon to delete a previous Vendor seller account we had (Wasn’t successful), and opened a new seller central account for the same company, and still facing the issue with frozen account for the past 3 weeks now, and with no response from Amazon.

At this point, patient is all we have to go with. I would also suggest you refrain from contacting Amazon again and again or provide more info as I did, unknowing it causes your case to be bumped to last in line…)-: I learned this from searching here in the forums.

Good luck brow
Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

I’m really disappointed so far from the seller experience I have from Amazon. Just makes one understand how small and unimportant your business is for Amazon. It’ s a stalemate situation I wish I hadn’t got into but already imported our goods to the USA so no backing up now.

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hey @Rovince_B.V,
Any news you can share?

I’m adding Mr. @Javier-SellerSupport, perhaps you can offer any advice on the topic?

It’s been since the 9th of December that I last heard back about our appeal. I admit, we might have done it the wrong way and should have waited with our appeals until we can submit a utility bill. But we all make honest mistakes sometimes, and the intentions were positive. We assumed that a business registration certificate and incorporation certificate would be even stronger prove of legit business existence. So is an up to date distribution contract. I dont believe it’s fair to punish new sellers with an unwritten 3 strikes rule and completely block us from the chance to have a successful business through Amazon. After all, we all have a mutual interest.

Roy

user profile
Seller_ghlNt5Iw7rL4C

You have to explain why you opened a second account as well as it goes against the seller agreement

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

Good luck brow
Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hi Rovince,

Good luck brow
Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hey @Rovince_B.V,
Any news you can share?

Roy

user profile
Seller_ILwXpMlUwYAjS

Hey @Rovince_B.V,
Any news you can share?

Roy

user profile
Seller_ghlNt5Iw7rL4C

user profile
Seller_ghlNt5Iw7rL4C