user profile
Sign in
user profile

Fix customer experience issues with Voice of the Customer

by News_Amazon

The Voice of the Customer dashboard provides metrics to help you understand customers’ attitudes about your brand and products and recommends actions to help you improve the customer experience.

The voice of the customer helps you do the following:

Monitor the experience customers have with your brand and your product with CX Health, a customer experience metric. CX Health classifies listings as excellent, good, fair, poor, or very poor.

Investigate your most frequently reported customer issues and customer feedback from return orders to understand the pain points. You’ll be able to click on the details of any customer issue.

Execute recommended actions that are tailored to your listings to help you address your customer concerns.

Voice of the Customer is found on the Performance tab and will display your customers’ top reported problems, by Product ID, rank, and frequency, on a monthly basis so that you can easily understand and resolve customer issues.

For more information about this dashboard, go to Voice of the Customer

Tags: News and Announcements
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_r9wMm8LrE5iKj
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Excellent! This dashboard helps me identify the customers who lie about the return reason -- after being steered down that route by Amazon's seller-hostile UI -- in order to avoid return shipping charges, only a portion of which we can collect (due to late surcharges from Amazon's failure to understand how the UPS API works), in those rare instances we get lucky and win a SAFE-T claim.

There is no other actionable data here, for our products. Thanks, Amazon!

user profile
Seller_4J3c7VLUYtyJQ
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_4J3c7VLUYtyJQ
user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG

When are we going to FIX the Seller's experiences with Seller Support?

user profile
Seller_LImVvUWeyiCfQ

VOC has absolutely nothing to do with being able to fix a darn thing. A ridiculous comment like "too large" for a newspaper archival storage box that clearly states the dimensions causes a Very Poor rating for the SKU. Or better yet, the customer leaves no comment at all. How in the world do you suggest we fix that?

user profile
Seller_lA8LdTwy81Nrn

The problem with this system is GLARING.

(a) Poor Metrics: If you are selling say 50 pieces a day, and you stock out, or Amazon screws up your listing (just happened to us) then you are making 0 sales, but you are still getting returns based on 50 sales a day from the previous 90 days, meanwhile your sales volume drops, resulting in a high VOC number, resulting in a listing shutdown, resulting in the "concerned team wanting to hear nothing but how are you going to fix it?" Also when you point out the irrelevant comments like "The postman lost it nobody cares.

(b) Your return process puts the customer in a situation where they feel they have to justify the return or they may not get a full refund, so they put in completely bogus comments

user profile
Seller_4J3c7VLUYtyJQ
user profile
Seller_fr2VHDijPzGrj

Usually, Voice of the Customer is full of complaints that are purely related to the customer trying to initiate a refund or return, and don't provide any substance for sellers to make an actual improvement to the product itself or the listing. Does Amazon have any plans to address this?

user profile
Seller_4HsL3GZbyDLea

Voice Of The Liar is a more accurate name for this dashboard.

user profile
Seller_8d0901KLc2uBz

I sell a great deal of clothing. I would like the Voice of Experience to explain how it is my fault when a customer purchases and item that does not fit? Why does that ding my metrics? Am I supposed to guess which customers are in denial over putting on covid weight?

Go to original post