user profile
Sign in
user profile

Gated all over again

by Seller_ACILU7HZVpJgG

I have been selling beauty products for a little over a year and all of the sudden overnight apparently I am now gated an almost ever major brand.

I have a perfect customer service rating at 100% and my account health is in the green and has been that way for about a year now.

Almost every item in my inventory has been gated and all the help I'm getting is to reissue invoices.

This is over a 100 brands overnight and I'm getting no help from Amazon as to why or what happened.

Some of my products have been listed as stranded but some remain active.

Not sure what's happening but any help would be appreciated

Tags: Brand Registry
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp
In reply to: Seller_ACILU7HZVpJgG's post

More and more brands are taking control of their own destiny on here.

Amazon has allowed the site to be invaded by countless thousands of unauthorized sellers over the past couple decades. Now Amazon is following what the BRANDS have ordered them to do. Remove all unauthorized sellers and they are simply killing all the sellers other than whoever the manufacturers are going to favor. That includes for USED items in the categories where used is allowed.

Expect more of this and it is partly a result of the new laws that have stripped Amazon and other sites of what they had perceived as protection from penalties for allowing counterfeit/stolen merchandise on the site.

Those restrictions will include both RA, Gray market, and, used sales in the future because there is no proof of authenticity or chain of custody for those sales models.

Amazon is cleaning house and the others just haven't been caught yet.

My best guess is that in 3 to 5 years (and probably less) there will be ZERO used items on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_jBhPYC1MqCJRG

I'm experiencing the same issue and I believe this has to be some kind of technical glitch. The big red flag is that there is NO WAY to request un-gating in any of the brands. I have tested between 20-30 brands and get the same error message every time. This is not your usual "get re-approved" to sell issue.

user profile
Dougal_Amazon

Hello @Seller_ACILU7HZVpJgG,

My name is Dougal from the Community Manager Team and I can shed a bit more light on the requirement to have Brand Owner permission to sell their brands. The explanation provided by Seller Support in your case ID 13502984101 speaks to restrictions being placed on products sold on Amazon to ensure they are safe, authentic, or meet local and regional regulations is part of the reason. The other reason, as @Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp(thank you) mentioned is to ensure you have the permission to from the brand owner. Please review the Letter of Authorization help page as this provides what I think is the most succinct explanation as to the why these enforcements exist as well as the how to show that you do have the brand owners permission.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Dougal

user profile
Seller_2rzvkMjq7hS48

Hi Deetzllc. How has this worked out for you now? I have just got the same issue as you.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post