user profile
Sign in
user profile

Check HTML tags on your listings

by News_Amazon

In order to provide security for our customers as well as versatility to list products on non-HTML devices, after July 17, 2021, we will stop supporting the use of HTML tags in the product description on product detail pages. Please refrain from We discourage any use using of HTML content on detail pages as outlined on our Product detail page rules Help page.

We encourage you to update any product detail page for your listings with an HTML tag ahead of the date indicated above. You can use Seller Central or your usual channel for such updates.

Any product description containing HTML tags in the product detail page which are not supported after July 17, 2021, will stop showing HTML formatting. For example, if you use HTML tags in one line of a product description, the line might be removed or shown without HTML formatting, depending on the usage of the tag.

For more information, go to Product detail page rules.

Tags: News and Announcements
140 replies
140 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ilqnZBEFI577P
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

What?

user profile
Seller_WtOwWhtSrFjva

Can we get a sample of what you are talking about?

user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF

Isn’t really any internet connected device nowadays support HTML?

user profile
Seller_fGluy2Rns9Cfx

No more paragraph breaks…

Will fix all those stupid emojis people put in bullets!

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

Gees Amazon. You’re killing us today …

First, Policy update: Automatic verification of customer A-to-z Guarantee Claims with proof of tracking, and now this.

You should leave in the paragraph and bold, and even allow bullets. This is easily programmed in I would think.

user profile
Seller_0cZwvSGrfp7O1

Description doesn’t even show up for some listings if they have A+ Content so doesn’t even matter if its readable. I’ve just been using it to place more keywords. HTML formatting just takes up space.

user profile
Seller_qsjXhUS6U3FXD

This sucks for handmade sellers because until recently the only way we could arrange our listings with even a line break, forget about the use of bullets, was to use html. Major nightmare for us to have to edit all of these listings!

user profile
Seller_eQJUzznuGBFCk

I’m not getting what they want%) to delete HTML from the description and then what? what to use instead? or it’s going to work normally and be readable?

user profile
Seller_VOptyDYOkeE26

Greatourdescriptions willeventuallylooklikethisandwewill paytohaveboldandbulletpointsviasponsoredformatting.

user profile
Seller_JfT4IUY6zgrxB

I attempted to edit a listing that does have HTML code in the description, but Amazon did not accept the change and the description with the HTML code is still live. I did not change anything else in the description other than removing the HTML code. Is there a route I can take other than calling seller support? I also waited longer than 24 hours.

Go to original post