user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer claimed late

by Seller_bzEieV6NBbKYk

Customer claimed return reason as delivered late. Of course Amazon fully refunded them.

Fact is the tracking shows delivered within the delivery window specified by Amazon when they ordered.

We have chosen in our setting that e do no offer free returns. Meaning if it is the customers fault based on the published return codes Search "Customer return reason codes " ie. No longer wanted or needed, Accidental order, the buyer pays the return shipping.

We have filed an A to Z claim showing that the package was NOT late and copied and pasted the tracking delivery AND the Amazon delivery window showing it was not late.

Claim denied.

So we copied the section where we have chosen not to offer free returns "I want to offer Free Returns for none of my items" when it is the buyers responsibility and added that as an attachment. We also copied the section that shows the "Customer return reason codes"

Claim denied again. With exactly the same automated canned verbage.

Why is this happening?

The issue you reported is not covered by the Prepaid Returns for Seller Fulfilled Order program. The item you requested reimbursement for return label cost is eligible for free returns. For more information about Amazon’s return policies, visit "Return Costs":

-- https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202075130

We have proven that the customer has used a bogus return reason. The package was NOT late. We even notified the customer of this when the return request was made. Of course that was ignored.

All of this is very time consuming and frustrating. Most frustrating is that we get this often. Customers claiming falsely to get free returns. Of course if we has merchants did this we would get banned from the site. Some the time when we show that we don't offer free returns and the return reason codes we do get the return shipping refunded. It just seems to depend on who or what bot at the other end is dealing with the case.

Suggestions for how to get this resolved or is it just another case of the black hole of selling on Amazon.

Tags: Refunds, Return shipment, SAFE-T
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_bzEieV6NBbKYk
In reply to: Seller_bzEieV6NBbKYk's post

oops meant filed a SafeT claim.

user profile
Seller_qTJiCxRI8PpIZ

Did you use Amazon shipping? A lot of times if you did not, your claim will be denied.

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

We have been getting many where they claim late and swap items out for older used worn items. Most recent we got one back where item had different customers order slip glued to package where business customer was swapping out their damaged items and yes of course we lost all shipping and &0% credit for wrong item seems Amazon rewards customers for fraudulent behaviors....... Safe-T is back on track to wrongfully denying claims again my guess they have limits for claims for given time period if you go over you are ase out of luck!

user profile
Seller_y79MQHIY0I76X

We get this reason code all the time. Many times they apply for a return with the late reason code before the item is even delivered. The issue is that customers need the item by THEIR specific time and even though the item is delivered within the specified time frame, it's late to their needs.

We've filed SAFE-T claims on this issue but it's not even worth it anymore. $100 order? SAFE-T will refund you $3.12. Just an off the wall example but many understand it.

We really do wish there was some more questions or vetting on customer returns. Another bane to our business is "no longer needed" reason code.

user profile
Seller_bzEieV6NBbKYk

Unfortunately what is being missed here is that.

1. The buyer claimed late delivery. So made a return and of course got fully refunded by Amazon. The customer does not have to say when they got the package to show it was late.

2. We have to "prove" the item was not late.

The delivery window is shown in the customer order.

The tracking shows that the item was delivered inside of that delivery window.

3. So we have shown that the customer has used the "wrong return reason"

4. That doesn't matter claim denied.

5. We appeal the claim stating that we "I want to offer Free Returns for NONE of my items" which is a listed policy as a choice on the Amazon site.

Manage your Free Returns Program setting.

USA

I want to offer Free Returns for all items

I want to offer Free Returns for some items

X I want to offer Free Returns for none of my items

We also show the list of Customer return Reason Codes

Return Reason codes for Prepaid Returns

Seller Fulfilled Orders only

Return Reason Fault

1 Other reason Customer

2 Accidental order Customer

3 Better price available Customer

4 No reason given Customer

5 Incompatible or not useful for intended purpose Customer

6 Damaged due to poor packaging Seller

7 Arrived too late Seller

8 Missing parts or accessories Seller

9 Damaged during shipping Seller

10 Different from what was ordered Seller

11 Defective/Does not work properly Seller

12 Arrived in addition to what was ordered Seller

13 I don't want it anymore Customer

14 Defect emerged after use Seller

15 Unauthorized purchase Seller

16 I haven't received this item yet Seller

17 Item was defective Seller

18 Item description was inaccurate Seller

19 Not satisfied with the quality Seller

20 Fabric not as expected Seller

21 No longer needed/wanted Customer

22 Item is too large Customer

23 Item is too small Customer

24 Item is too long Customer

25 Item is too short Customer

26 Arrived too late Seller

27 Other reason Customer

28 Wrong item sent Seller

29 Better price is available Customer

30 Product is not fully compatible with my existing system Seller

31 Part is missing Seller

32 Damaged upon arrival Seller

33 Arrived in addition to what was ordered Seller

34 Item is too small Customer

35 Item is too large Customer

36 Ordered wrong style/size/color Customer

37 Different from website description Seller

38 Didn't like fabric Customer

39 Did not like the color Customer

40 Wrong size: too small/short Customer

41 Wrong size: too large/long Customer

42 Dead battery/does not work Seller

43 Missing paperwork/manual/warranty Seller

44 Broken or malfunctioning clasp Seller

45 Missing or loose stone Seller

46 Missing promised certification Seller

47 Tarnished/unacceptable condition Seller

48 Activation failure Seller

49 Poor service coverage Seller

50 Service package not as needed Seller

51 Number porting issues Seller

52 Not compatible with my phone Customer

53 Not compatible with my service Customer

54 Rebate eligibility issue Seller

55 Carrier bill not as expected Seller

56 Current carrier switching cost (termination fee) Customer

57 Item is the wrong color Customer

58 Shoe is a half size too large Customer

59 Shoe is a half size too small Customer

60 Shoe is a full size too large Customer

61 Shoe is a full size too small Customer

62 Shoe is too wide Customer

63 Shoe is too narrow Customer

64 Boot shaft does not fit Customer

65 Shoe arch does not fit Customer

66 Item is of the wrong material Seller

67 Shoe is uncomfortable Customer

68 Part not compatible with existing system Seller

69 Excessive installation/Did not install Seller

70 Recycle old item Seller

71 Product or Manual is not in Italian Customer

72 Product or Manual is not in Spanish Customer

YES 26 is ITEM arrived to late Responsibility Seller. But we have proven that it was NOT late per Amazons delivery window.

SO it does NOT apply. Only a code like "No longer wanted" or similar can be used which is the buyers responsibility.

6. Claim denied

So the biggest irk is that we supply the exact same information with other false "Arrived to late" claims under appeal. Some of the time they are Granted. Other times they are not.

This sort of run around is exactly what the Insurance industry and others used to do until the government got involved. Policy for many insurance companies as we all know used to be. "Deny all initial claims, no matter how clear they are compensation is due." Make the customer file an appeal or appeals and most will give up.

user profile
Seller_4zBzdtgCyS9EI

user profile
Seller_bzEieV6NBbKYk
Show post
Again I don't really understand why that would matter

It matters, as you saw, because if it was shipped late it's a ding, no matter when it was delivered. And if a customer complains, they win, because it was shipped late.

user profile
Seller_1brgPwd5cquSY

This is the same auto-response I've gotten. The link they are giving you is the Amazon & Prime return policy, not the 3rd party seller's FBM return policy. I have reminded them of this and after a few appeals will sometimes get them to cover the return shipping label (sometimes they will, sometimes they won't). If they don't, I will continue to appeal and escalate until they cover it. This is nothing more than untrained employee or an auto-generated claim denial response from a person or program that isn't even looking at your details or responses. Just keep appealing and escalating until you get someone with a small amount of common sense to look at your case. FYI if you sold the item through Prime, you're automatically offering free returns and you have no case.

user profile
Seller_cyM339hCA7xV8
This post has been deleted
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post