Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

Chargeback Claim lunacy

@SEAmod @KJ_Amazon

I received a chargeback, no big deal it happens

Amazon sent a letter to respond to asking for detailed information about the sale (which they already have access to since they

gave me the order number right?)

I filled out the response and sent it, only to have it kicked back to me saying I replied to a no reply email.

C'mon already....

Hello,

We would like to inform you that the card issuer has contacted us on behalf of the buyer. Currently, there is a chargeback dispute involving the following transaction:

Order date: 06/22/2024, 03:55

Order number:

Items purchased:

Shipping address:

In response to this email, provide the following information:

-- Confirmation that the order was shipped.

-- Date the order was shipped.

-- The name of the carrier used.

-- Link of the shipper.

-- Delivery confirmation or tracking number along with signed proof of delivery, if available.

-- Return and refund policy, as well as the cancellation policy.

-- The return shipping address that your customer should use in order to return the merchandise in exchange for credit.

Can't offer the information you required if you don't accept it, which is ridiculous to ask for since you can see EVERYTHING in my account already.

16 replies
Tags:Seller Support
16 replies
user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

If you haven't already, check the Chargeback Claims page and see if you can respond there instead.

user profile
Seller_8ESHZD3bXlVUv

Try emailing Chargeback-billing-reply @amazon.com

You have to email from the primary registered email address or it will be knocked back.

user profile
Seller_Lwycr8whwiMNZ

Lunacy is right. Amazon is the freakin processor ie gatekeeper of sales. The sellers do not process payment for their own sales on this platform. Making sellers scapegoats one issue at a time. The Amazon way. At my retail store if I process a credit card sale and a chargeback happens I am a party to that sale. Amazon is on the hook for all chargebacks IMO. They accepted the payment. Their battle, not the sellers.

user profile
Seller_Bwe3oDrAKv8Jq

(which they already have access to since they gave me the order number right?)

Yes, they do have all the information.

You do not need to do anything.

Amazon collected the money and they will handle the chargeback without you.

user profile
Seller_SJRMV3s4mNrFA

It is called "Delighting the Scammer" when you are barred from responding or have to jump through many secret and hidden hoops.

user profile
Seller_E8mL3eW2WFX39

Account Health- Charge backs , upload information there

user profile
April_Amazon

Hello @Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv,

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv
It finally showed up on chargebacks so I could enter the same info they already have. I don't even see how I can be responsible for a chargeback when I do nothing about controlling the cashflow in and out, that is all Amazon. I see an order, I ship it, done.
View post

As a chargeback is : "When a buyer contacts their credit card company to request a chargeback, the credit card company will contact Amazon to request details about the transaction. In turn, Amazon will contact you via email to request transaction information."

I understand you now have been able to provide the information for the chargeback.

As the community has offered great guidance and information, the only thing I could add would be the help page: Respond to a chargeback claim

I hope this information is helpful.

I look forward to your response. Thank you for reaching out on the forums.

April

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

Chargeback Claim lunacy

@SEAmod @KJ_Amazon

Amazon sent a letter to respond to asking for detailed information about the sale (which they already have access to since they

I filled out the response and sent it, only to have it kicked back to me saying I replied to a no reply email.

C'mon already....

Hello,

We would like to inform you that the card issuer has contacted us on behalf of the buyer. Currently, there is a chargeback dispute involving the following transaction:

Order number:

Items purchased:

Shipping address:

-- Link of the shipper.

-- Delivery confirmation or tracking number along with signed proof of delivery, if available.

-- The return shipping address that your customer should use in order to return the merchandise in exchange for credit.

Can't offer the information you required if you don't accept it, which is ridiculous to ask for since you can see EVERYTHING in my account already.

16 replies
user profile

Chargeback Claim lunacy

by Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

@SEAmod @KJ_Amazon

C'mon already....

Hello,

Order number:

Items purchased:

Shipping address:

-- Link of the shipper.

16 replies
16 replies
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

If you haven't already, check the Chargeback Claims page and see if you can respond there instead.

user profile
Seller_8ESHZD3bXlVUv

You have to email from the primary registered email address or it will be knocked back.

user profile
Seller_Lwycr8whwiMNZ

Lunacy is right. Amazon is the freakin processor ie gatekeeper of sales. The sellers do not process payment for their own sales on this platform. Making sellers scapegoats one issue at a time. The Amazon way. At my retail store if I process a credit card sale and a chargeback happens I am a party to that sale. Amazon is on the hook for all chargebacks IMO. They accepted the payment. Their battle, not the sellers.

user profile
Seller_Bwe3oDrAKv8Jq

user profile
Seller_SJRMV3s4mNrFA

It is called "Delighting the Scammer" when you are barred from responding or have to jump through many secret and hidden hoops.

user profile
Seller_E8mL3eW2WFX39

user profile
April_Amazon

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv
It finally showed up on chargebacks so I could enter the same info they already have. I don't even see how I can be responsible for a chargeback when I do nothing about controlling the cashflow in and out, that is all Amazon. I see an order, I ship it, done.
View post

As a chargeback is : "When a buyer contacts their credit card company to request a chargeback, the credit card company will contact Amazon to request details about the transaction. In turn, Amazon will contact you via email to request transaction information."

I understand you now have been able to provide the information for the chargeback.

As the community has offered great guidance and information, the only thing I could add would be the help page: Respond to a chargeback claim

April

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

user profile
Seller_8ESHZD3bXlVUv

user profile
Seller_8ESHZD3bXlVUv

user profile
Seller_Lwycr8whwiMNZ

user profile
Seller_Lwycr8whwiMNZ

user profile
Seller_Bwe3oDrAKv8Jq

user profile
Seller_Bwe3oDrAKv8Jq

user profile
Seller_SJRMV3s4mNrFA

user profile
Seller_SJRMV3s4mNrFA

user profile
Seller_E8mL3eW2WFX39

user profile
Seller_E8mL3eW2WFX39

user profile
April_Amazon

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv
View post

April

user profile
April_Amazon

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv
View post

April