Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

USPS LA Distribution Center Delays

Hello,

According to tracking information a bunch of our orders are currently stuck in the “LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER”. Most have been there since the 3rd.

We are looking for recommendations on how to resolve this with USPS. Has anyone had any luck contacting a Distribution center directly?

Is there any benefit in contacting all of the affected customers directly to notify them of delays?

Thanks,

19 replies
19 replies
user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO

Put in a trace for the tracking numbers through USPS website. They are forced to locate the package(s) and it helps move them along.
Do not contact any buyers. This may cause you an account suspension. Amazon doesn’t want you contacting their customers.

user profile
Seller_BXXS93QoP2saU

Ironically we were just discussing this morning how most of our USPS shipments have been routed through Albuquerque (including Western Canada shipments)over the past week. We are located in Phoenix and 9/10 times things go through Los Angeles if not through Phoenix. I agree with CJ_Tomes, use the trace.

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

Also, if the whole distribution center is backlogged are they really much more likely to find a product upon request?

user profile
Seller_cOWq2CeBhJKlO

I am getting quite a few complaints too, Most items i shipped on the 3rd here in LA just keeps saying in transit. So frustrating.

user profile
Seller_3hVj9IvtVRWiA

We do not track the packages ourselves but when a buyer messages us stating “no delivery and tracking is not updating” I go straight to filing a USPS claim. Then I reply to the buyer letting them know the delivery is under investigation and I will reply with an update in 2 days.

So far we have been paid for most of the claims. A couple have been under review for a while. One ended up getting delivered but we already refunded the buyer so I appealed the USPS decision asking for a refund of the shipping label since it was so late. (I do accept the loss on the product price but would appreciate a shipping refund since Priority was used)

USPS%20claims

But only 1 package has been found and delivered. The others have been paid or are still under review.

All shipping labels purchased using Amazon Buy Shipping.

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

Has anyone else experienced any packages stuck in the LA distribution center?

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

sellingsquared

Located in Bell California AKA black hole… they actually do a pretty good job with my packages, but they’re generally pretty -well packed -distinctive – they probably just want to touch them…

I dropped by my PO Box post office and there was probably 29 people in line, since I was going to go there anyways they didn’t bother to print my own Media Mail…

There’s usually three or four Clerks behind their new Plexi Shields, the one I don’t like seems to be on vacation, another one was at lunch, another one has disappeared they have no idea where ???.. no phone calls, however employee was working on Saturday…

I have three young girls I actually really like there they tend to have a lot of interesting Flair, especially with their hair, the Cutie today had the most interesting rabbit hair, pom poms-- it came off of some ear muffs, on the two little braids if you can imagine the Lorelei look without the braids, encased by white rabbit fur… really cute…

They are big on buying hair, sometimes in some of the most interesting colors???.. it’s an ethnic thing…

The girl behind me had a huge bin of large flat manila envelopes, all which needs to be weighed , have postage afixed… they were thick local tax returns for the filers, the actual returns were electronically filed to the IRS… she was thankful that the CPA didn’t actually own a postage machine, because this was keeping her working…

That bin- probably didn’t take that long the girls are pretty quick…

So there’s a possibility that there have been some no-shows at the central sorting Center…

Interestingly --enough our governor has decided to house & take rooms for a lot of the homeless, Motel 6 has signed on … the “City of Bell”, and also the city of Lawndale, stated that they would revoke the business licenses & operating permits for any hotel that participated…

user profile
Seller_1xHZsuoShsvb8

Something happened on that date, either there or farther along the route. I have two customer cases with missing books so far this month. Books were mailed on different days, both scanned in Los Angeles on March 30, and both showing “In Transit” status with no updates since April 3.

Since both were midwest shipments (IL and WI), they might be stuck somewhere there or still in LA / Bell.

Filed missing mail on both, but given that not 1 of my missing mails in the last 3 years have been located, I have little hope these will come back either. All my books are boxed then 2 mil poly bagged, heat sealed, with a packing slip with bold type addresses inside visible through the bag. Somehow not a single one has ever been found.

Seeing that I have read anecdotal reports of bulk buyers at the USPS auctions reporting that many of the books they purchase still have their packing slips attached or inside the cover makes me feel that no one at USPS ever bothers to follow up on these reports.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

Hello,

According to tracking information a bunch of our orders are currently stuck in the “LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER”. Most have been there since the 3rd.

We are looking for recommendations on how to resolve this with USPS. Has anyone had any luck contacting a Distribution center directly?

Is there any benefit in contacting all of the affected customers directly to notify them of delays?

Thanks,

19 replies
user profile

by Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

Hello,

Thanks,

Tags:USPS
19 replies
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO

Put in a trace for the tracking numbers through USPS website. They are forced to locate the package(s) and it helps move them along.
Do not contact any buyers. This may cause you an account suspension. Amazon doesn’t want you contacting their customers.

user profile
Seller_BXXS93QoP2saU

Ironically we were just discussing this morning how most of our USPS shipments have been routed through Albuquerque (including Western Canada shipments)over the past week. We are located in Phoenix and 9/10 times things go through Los Angeles if not through Phoenix. I agree with CJ_Tomes, use the trace.

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

Also, if the whole distribution center is backlogged are they really much more likely to find a product upon request?

user profile
Seller_cOWq2CeBhJKlO

I am getting quite a few complaints too, Most items i shipped on the 3rd here in LA just keeps saying in transit. So frustrating.

user profile
Seller_3hVj9IvtVRWiA

We do not track the packages ourselves but when a buyer messages us stating “no delivery and tracking is not updating” I go straight to filing a USPS claim. Then I reply to the buyer letting them know the delivery is under investigation and I will reply with an update in 2 days.

So far we have been paid for most of the claims. A couple have been under review for a while. One ended up getting delivered but we already refunded the buyer so I appealed the USPS decision asking for a refund of the shipping label since it was so late. (I do accept the loss on the product price but would appreciate a shipping refund since Priority was used)

USPS%20claims

But only 1 package has been found and delivered. The others have been paid or are still under review.

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

sellingsquared

Located in Bell California AKA black hole… they actually do a pretty good job with my packages, but they’re generally pretty -well packed -distinctive – they probably just want to touch them…

I dropped by my PO Box post office and there was probably 29 people in line, since I was going to go there anyways they didn’t bother to print my own Media Mail…

There’s usually three or four Clerks behind their new Plexi Shields, the one I don’t like seems to be on vacation, another one was at lunch, another one has disappeared they have no idea where ???.. no phone calls, however employee was working on Saturday…

I have three young girls I actually really like there they tend to have a lot of interesting Flair, especially with their hair, the Cutie today had the most interesting rabbit hair, pom poms-- it came off of some ear muffs, on the two little braids if you can imagine the Lorelei look without the braids, encased by white rabbit fur… really cute…

They are big on buying hair, sometimes in some of the most interesting colors???.. it’s an ethnic thing…

The girl behind me had a huge bin of large flat manila envelopes, all which needs to be weighed , have postage afixed… they were thick local tax returns for the filers, the actual returns were electronically filed to the IRS… she was thankful that the CPA didn’t actually own a postage machine, because this was keeping her working…

So there’s a possibility that there have been some no-shows at the central sorting Center…

Interestingly --enough our governor has decided to house & take rooms for a lot of the homeless, Motel 6 has signed on … the “City of Bell”, and also the city of Lawndale, stated that they would revoke the business licenses & operating permits for any hotel that participated…

user profile
Seller_1xHZsuoShsvb8

Something happened on that date, either there or farther along the route. I have two customer cases with missing books so far this month. Books were mailed on different days, both scanned in Los Angeles on March 30, and both showing “In Transit” status with no updates since April 3.

Since both were midwest shipments (IL and WI), they might be stuck somewhere there or still in LA / Bell.

Filed missing mail on both, but given that not 1 of my missing mails in the last 3 years have been located, I have little hope these will come back either. All my books are boxed then 2 mil poly bagged, heat sealed, with a packing slip with bold type addresses inside visible through the bag. Somehow not a single one has ever been found.

Seeing that I have read anecdotal reports of bulk buyers at the USPS auctions reporting that many of the books they purchase still have their packing slips attached or inside the cover makes me feel that no one at USPS ever bothers to follow up on these reports.

user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO

user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO

user profile
Seller_BXXS93QoP2saU

user profile
Seller_BXXS93QoP2saU

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

user profile
Seller_cOWq2CeBhJKlO

user profile
Seller_cOWq2CeBhJKlO

user profile
Seller_3hVj9IvtVRWiA

USPS%20claims

user profile
Seller_3hVj9IvtVRWiA

USPS%20claims

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

user profile
Seller_BwUAAaVSXN56A

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

sellingsquared

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

sellingsquared

user profile
Seller_1xHZsuoShsvb8

user profile
Seller_1xHZsuoShsvb8