Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

Invoice

At the risk of veterans picking apart an example of one of my invoices, I’m sharing this one with new sellers in the hopes that it may help them. There is always a lot of “what should an invoice look like “ talk, so I’m hoping that this example might help. Notice that there is no entry for sales tax. This is a true invoice and not a retail store receipt. I hope it helps.image

11 replies
Tags:Billing
11 replies
user profile
Seller_fsNHBXJZNVJpE

This “invoice” is missing a lot of things, such as payment terms (I see you paid for this before it was shipped so there are no net terms) overall this looks much like a receipt…

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

It’s not a receipt. I paid in full. This is exactly what I knew I was opening myself up to but that’s okay. It’s common nowadays for companies to accept payment in full and not on a Net term basis.

user profile
Seller_LDiiEqAxHwPZi

I admire the cojones to not only post this but also not redact the supplier name or your business name!

user profile
Seller_tzfX0jBLBCmu2

Lets put more information on invoices into the thread!

----------- Amazon’s Video on Invoice Requirements
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/learn/courses?ref_=selleru_athena&courseId=64ccd43f-756e-4944-aafb-b1e3a5cfd742&moduleId=5cdb82d3-e43b-4835-b105-b7c5477ded5f&modLanguage=English&contentType=DOCUMENT&category=TUTORIAL

Clarification on Invoices by @Oneida
Acceptable Invoice Types:

Sales Invoices
Commercial(customs) ONLY IF they show proof of products purchased and include the supplier information.

Unacceptable Invoice Types:

Commercial(customs) (without proof of products purchased and supplier information)
Pro-forma invoices (Pro-forma invoices are invoices sent in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. The lack of pricing or shipping information indicates a pro-forma invoice. They are not accepted because there is no proof of a transaction)
Purchase Order/Purchasing list/contract document/delivery report
Order Invoices or Confirmations / Sales Orders Bills (shows no purchase or delivery)
PayPal Invoices
Forged Invoices
Auction Invoices (even if itemized it still does not prove a valid supply chain through the brand owner)
Links (printed from the web) or Screen Shots
(Typically not) Retail Receipts/ Retail Invoices (shows no buyer name/address)
Packing Slips
Handwritten
The invoice COMPANY NAME doesn’t match the name Amazon has (in Seller Central) on file for you.
English-language invoices from suppliers in mainland China (must be in Chinese)
Invoices from taobao, tmall, 1688, DHGate, aliexpress or Alibaba
Excel, Word or .zip format documents
Amazon only supports documents in these Languages (updated 2/20): Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, and Turkish. Otherwise a notarized translation is needed with a seal or stamp

Valid Invoices Required Info (Note: It is not uncommon for invoices to pass missing some of this)

Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)
Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website) MUST MATCH AMAZON INFO
Invoice date … (typically must be issued in the last 365 days)
Item descriptions … (Full description of each item)
Brand of items if the invoice is not coming from the Brand Registry owner of the items
Items Ordered Quantities
Items Shipped Quantities (unless marked paid the same date)
Total value of all goods covered by the invoice
Shows as paid or the terms with account number (if terms it MUST show as shipped or delivered)
Tracking or delivery method (especially if Terms)
Additionally helpful - GTIN or Product Identifier (like a SKU)

Rejection Reasons

The BUYER NAME doesn’t match the name Amazon has on file for you.
Invoice doesn’t show full product name (for partials you need an ASIN or UPC code printed by the source on this invoice)
Invoice doesn’t look like all the other invoices Amazon has for that particular manufacturer/supplier.
The manufacturer is suspect so their invoices are invalid. If Amazon doesn’t trust the manufacturer, they won’t accept their invoices as legit sources of goods.
It was issued over 365 days ago.
It was issued after the date we specified.
It is not itemized.
It does not contain an order confirmation number or shipment tracking number,
in addition to purchaser and supplier information.
It shows purchasing party information that does not match the information in
your Amazon seller account.
It identifies an unverifiable supplier.
It identifies information for some of the items under review, but we still
need information for the items listed below.
It was submitted in an unacceptable file format.
It shows documents that were not requested.
It was not validated.
It was not submitted.

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

I think new sellers can really benefit from this type of information. If they bother to research & read it, at least.

user profile
Seller_SSENOXHls460C

Has amazon asked you for invoices and what caused the information request?

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

Invoice

At the risk of veterans picking apart an example of one of my invoices, I’m sharing this one with new sellers in the hopes that it may help them. There is always a lot of “what should an invoice look like “ talk, so I’m hoping that this example might help. Notice that there is no entry for sales tax. This is a true invoice and not a retail store receipt. I hope it helps.image

11 replies
user profile

Invoice

by Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

11 replies
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fsNHBXJZNVJpE

This “invoice” is missing a lot of things, such as payment terms (I see you paid for this before it was shipped so there are no net terms) overall this looks much like a receipt…

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

It’s not a receipt. I paid in full. This is exactly what I knew I was opening myself up to but that’s okay. It’s common nowadays for companies to accept payment in full and not on a Net term basis.

user profile
Seller_LDiiEqAxHwPZi

I admire the cojones to not only post this but also not redact the supplier name or your business name!

user profile
Seller_tzfX0jBLBCmu2

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/learn/courses?ref_=selleru_athena&courseId=64ccd43f-756e-4944-aafb-b1e3a5cfd742&moduleId=5cdb82d3-e43b-4835-b105-b7c5477ded5f&modLanguage=English&contentType=DOCUMENT&category=TUTORIAL

Sales Invoices
Commercial(customs) ONLY IF they show proof of products purchased and include the supplier information.

Commercial(customs) (without proof of products purchased and supplier information)
Pro-forma invoices (Pro-forma invoices are invoices sent in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. The lack of pricing or shipping information indicates a pro-forma invoice. They are not accepted because there is no proof of a transaction)
Order Invoices or Confirmations / Sales Orders Bills (shows no purchase or delivery)
PayPal Invoices
Forged Invoices
Auction Invoices (even if itemized it still does not prove a valid supply chain through the brand owner)
Packing Slips
Handwritten
The invoice COMPANY NAME doesn’t match the name Amazon has (in Seller Central) on file for you.
Amazon only supports documents in these Languages (updated 2/20): Arabic, simplified Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, and Turkish. Otherwise a notarized translation is needed with a seal or stamp

Valid Invoices Required Info (Note: It is not uncommon for invoices to pass missing some of this)

Brand of items if the invoice is not coming from the Brand Registry owner of the items
Items Ordered Quantities
Shows as paid or the terms with account number (if terms it MUST show as shipped or delivered)

Rejection Reasons

Invoice doesn’t show full product name (for partials you need an ASIN or UPC code printed by the source on this invoice)
Invoice doesn’t look like all the other invoices Amazon has for that particular manufacturer/supplier.
The manufacturer is suspect so their invoices are invalid. If Amazon doesn’t trust the manufacturer, they won’t accept their invoices as legit sources of goods.
It is not itemized.
It was not validated.
It was not submitted.

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

I think new sellers can really benefit from this type of information. If they bother to research & read it, at least.

user profile
Seller_SSENOXHls460C

user profile
Seller_fsNHBXJZNVJpE

user profile
Seller_fsNHBXJZNVJpE

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

user profile
Seller_LDiiEqAxHwPZi

user profile
Seller_LDiiEqAxHwPZi

user profile
Seller_tzfX0jBLBCmu2

Sales Invoices

PayPal Invoices
Forged Invoices
Packing Slips
Handwritten

Items Ordered Quantities

Rejection Reasons

It is not itemized.
It was not validated.
It was not submitted.

user profile
Seller_tzfX0jBLBCmu2

Sales Invoices

PayPal Invoices
Forged Invoices
Packing Slips
Handwritten

Items Ordered Quantities

Rejection Reasons

It is not itemized.
It was not validated.
It was not submitted.

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

user profile
Seller_SSENOXHls460C

user profile
Seller_SSENOXHls460C