user profile
Sign in
user profile

New delivery window requirement for FBA shipments

by News_Amazon

We understand that quicker receiving and shipment processing at our fulfillment centers is important to you. From April 24 to May 2, 2023, we'll be rolling out a new Send to Amazon requirement to help us get your products in stock faster.

When you create a shipment, we’ll ask you to provide a “delivery window,” which is an estimated date range of when you expect your shipment to arrive at our fulfillment center.

Beginning April 24, 2023, if you use a non-partnered carrier for small parcel or less-than-truckload shipments, you must provide a delivery window on Send to Amazon. If you use an Amazon-partnered carrier or Amazon Global Logistics, no action is required, because the carrier will provide us with shipment arrival information.

Since transportation lead times vary, we’ll ask you to specify a seven-day delivery window for domestic shipments, or a 14-day delivery window for cross-border shipments that have longer lead times, for example, August 1-14. If your shipping plans change, you can update the information until the start of your delivery window on Send to Amazon in the Tracking details step.

We’ll track shipment performance in the Shipping Queue and notify you if a shipment arrives earlier or later than the delivery window, so you can work with your carrier to provide more accurate estimates for future shipments.

To learn more, go to Send to Amazon: Delivery window. If you have questions or feedback about delivery windows, you can attend our Ask Amazon event on June 6 to speak with our experts.

Tags: News and Announcements
1.4K views
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Z5blVfnFE9sKY
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

What happens if your shipment falls before or after the delivery time to the fulfillment center

user profile
Seller_M2VU3yKto4ba4

My last 2 shipments took longer than expected and got closed after 90 days even though the cargo was still en-route.

Seller support is not aware that shipping plans can be opened again so it cost me $1000's to have the carrier relabel the cargo with new stickers from a new shipping plan.

Is this new "delivery window" a way to negate this problem? If, for example I set my delivery window to a date that is more than 90 days from the creation of the shipping plan, is my shipping plan still going to close automatically after 90 days?

This 90 day thing is a real big issue if you are sourcing from countries which have longer lead times and less frequent shipping routes to the US.

user profile
Seller_EFpZzkdJeNCJ5
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_lR7LTv2dlFcLy

is this to force people to use Amazon’s overseas shipping ?

user profile
Blake_Amazon

Hi sellers, thanks for commenting on this post regarding the new Send to Amazon Delivery Window requirements. I wanted to circle back and let you know that the FBA team is available for questions in our Ask Amazon thread, happening now until 5 PM PST. Please head over to this thread to join in on the conversation, ask our FBA team your questions, and share your experiences/learnings.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post