user profile
Sign in
user profile

Images from multiple selling partners to be displayed on product pages

by News_Amazon

Effective January 31, product detail pages for hardlines product types may display images from multiple selling partners to help customers make informed purchase decisions.

Each product detail page should have at least three required images: one with the product on a white background, one with the product in an environment, and one with size and fit information.

Previously, product detail pages displayed images from one selling partner.

With this change, if required images are missing from the product detail page, images from multiple selling partners or Amazon will be added when available.

To remove an incorrect image, contact Selling Partner Support.

To learn more about image requirements, how to add an image, and how to troubleshoot potential issues go to:

Tags: News and Announcements
77 replies
77 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_oNwQIArLmzljP
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Amazon should only allow pictures provided by the brand owner. Are you saying that any seller can now submit pictures that could violate licensee/licensor agreements that dictate how products are shown, logos are used, etc.? Any seller can submit pictures that could potentially be inaccurate or misleading? Only the brand owner should have the ability to load the images. Amazon should reconsider this decision.

user profile
Seller_UOf5xHNi3VhCL

"To remove an incorrect image, contact Selling Partner Support [knowing full well that only the brand owner can make changes to a detail page, which means you'll only end up banging your head against a wall, but it does make us laugh!]"

user profile
Seller_IlPjCZLKNTFOz

This cannot possibility apply to brand registered brands.. Can it?

user profile
Seller_JAg9IFHFOGi31

What are "hardlines product types?"

user profile
Seller_J46Ruz3VzvWCV

I realize this sounds like a great idea, and I would even agree that pages need to have images just like this.

The bottom line though is that Amazon's "multi contributor" policy has long been the cause of ASIN Hijacking. This will just help.

MAYBE ... Amazon could at the very least start with a notice to the winning contributor on a given ASIN to add the required images before making this a free for all. ??

user profile
Seller_JAg9IFHFOGi31

I agree that Amazon should only allow images from the Brand Owner. I did notice that as long as you have all 7 of the primary image spots filled with your own images, the other contributors will not be added. I think this may be Amazon's way of ensuring that people have their primary images as complete as possible.

user profile
Seller_EBwdnIbrRzrya

'To remove an incorrect image, contact Selling Partner Support.' why? they won't or they don't do that now unless you have permission from the company owner or some other type of proof along those lines, even when it is blatantly obvious the image(s) are incorrect.

user profile
Seller_HP0CuTSNvJvu9

lol, this will go well.

user profile
News_Amazon
Show post
user profile
Seller_roNdLQpqbVoOH

user profile
News_Amazon
Show post

Seriously?

I have had some unbelievable struggles with Seller Support in my quests to have incorrect images removed.

No matter how I word it, I simply CANNOT get them to look at the page in question to actually SEE the wrong image, which is oftentimes a picture of an obviously different title.

As far as the Book Category is concerned, this is usually a losing battle without several escalations.

But it's cute how Amazon keeps telling us to contact these uninformed incompetents.

user profile
Seller_QCBVnhd2CQJ2m
This post has been deleted
Go to original post