Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_JFifSahKjjxrv

QR Code Returns or Carrier Pickup Returns?

Is this a new way of getting a freebie?

I know there is a way to use a QR code to provide a return label but I have been here for years and have only seen QR shipping references on the bay. I have now been asked three times just this week to provide QR return labels or carrier pick-up because these customers cannot print the Amazon-provided return label.

If I understand the QR code concept, the customer would need to open the code on a mobile device and take it to a carrier location that accepts it and they in turn will print the label. I have no idea who might accept this or what it would cost.

Are buyers willing to go to these lengths to return a small item or is this the new norm or possibly the new TikTok fad to score a freebie?

6 replies
user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND
Most helpful replyThis reply was marked most helpful by the original poster.

Yup…just like that…or who are frantic and demand a refund because Amazon says delivered and it’s not on their doorstep, but seem to have forgotten that they also have a mailbox… :mailbox_with_mail:

Three in a row does seem strange, but sometimes things happen in 3’s; there could be a new video circulating about getting free stuff. Still, as Jws mentioned, more and more people don’t own printers; most things are done digitally, and customers have been trained to be lazy; even dropping the item off can sometimes be too much of an effort. Amazon should really look into providing a QR code option for every auto-return.

We handle every return on a case-by-case basis; it all depends on whether I feel the customer is telling the truth or not or the reason or circumstance surrounding the return.

Here is Amazon’s Playbook 🠲 Prepaid returns for seller-fulfilled orders

What should I do if the customer can’t print the return label?

You can consider the following options:

• The buyer can contact Amazon Customer Service to have a physical label mailed to them for a small fee.
  • The buyer can arrange to ship the return product on their own. Go to Return Reason codes for Prepaid Returns for seller-fulfilled orders to understand the return reason. Where a buyer selects the option, and you are accountable for the return, you must add the cost of return shipping to the refund.
6 replies
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Amazon and FBA returns give the option of a QR code. FBM returns have the option to have it mailed to the buyer. They may also have the option to pay for a pickup.

Once the return is authorized, the options cannot be changed. You just need to come up with some instructions. Most UPS stores are happy to receive an email to get the label. If the buyer desires a pickup, it can be arranged via the UPS website (for a charge). I would leave the charge part off. They can discover that fact on their own.

For those that want the label mailed to them, you can go to the return and print off the Amazon return label. A few seconds of time and a stamp. It is on it’s way.

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

Amazon only offers QR codes for FBA orders and not for FBM, and some customers may be used to getting a QR code and don’t realize that they are not offered on Amazon FBM auto-generated returns.

I think USPS labels purchased through Stamps come with a QR code and I think you can only print out a label at UPS or USPS if you have one, there also may be an app that can generate a QR code if issuing a label manually to the customer.

As mentioned by Jws if the customer does not have a printer, they can have a return label mailed to them.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Anytime you get an auto-authorized return, you can just send the buyer a message that they do not need to send the item back and that you will issue a full refund. You can also change your return settings to have this happen automatically. But, you do risk the buyer telling the world they can get free product by ordering from you and requesting a return.

If you are based in the USA, Amazon will automatically provide a return label. You can go to the return, download that label and email or print and mail it. It is an option that is often overlooked. You do not have to go through the process. The return was authorized. That is all that is required. But a dollar’s worth of time and a stamp, may keep you from receiving negative feedback.

Yes, there are many people that do not own printers, a pc or laptop. I do not have a printer in my home. I have many at work.

My postal carrier can scan my screen to read the scan sheet barcode. You would think that UPS, USPS and FedEx would figure out how to make the same think work to easily print a label. But I guess they need a QR code instead. Stupid.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_JFifSahKjjxrv

I know there is a way to use a QR code to provide a return label but I have been here for years and have only seen QR shipping references on the bay. I have now been asked three times just this week to provide QR return labels or carrier pick-up because these customers cannot print the Amazon-provided return label.

If I understand the QR code concept, the customer would need to open the code on a mobile device and take it to a carrier location that accepts it and they in turn will print the label. I have no idea who might accept this or what it would cost.

Are buyers willing to go to these lengths to return a small item or is this the new norm or possibly the new TikTok fad to score a freebie?

6 replies
user profile

by Seller_JFifSahKjjxrv

Tags:Customer
6 replies
user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

Yup…just like that…or who are frantic and demand a refund because Amazon says delivered and it’s not on their doorstep, but seem to have forgotten that they also have a mailbox… :mailbox_with_mail:

Three in a row does seem strange, but sometimes things happen in 3’s; there could be a new video circulating about getting free stuff. Still, as Jws mentioned, more and more people don’t own printers; most things are done digitally, and customers have been trained to be lazy; even dropping the item off can sometimes be too much of an effort. Amazon should really look into providing a QR code option for every auto-return.

We handle every return on a case-by-case basis; it all depends on whether I feel the customer is telling the truth or not or the reason or circumstance surrounding the return.

• The buyer can contact Amazon Customer Service to have a physical label mailed to them for a small fee.
  • The buyer can arrange to ship the return product on their own. Go to Return Reason codes for Prepaid Returns for seller-fulfilled orders to understand the return reason. Where a buyer selects the option, and you are accountable for the return, you must add the cost of return shipping to the refund.
user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

Jump to reply
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Amazon and FBA returns give the option of a QR code. FBM returns have the option to have it mailed to the buyer. They may also have the option to pay for a pickup.

Once the return is authorized, the options cannot be changed. You just need to come up with some instructions. Most UPS stores are happy to receive an email to get the label. If the buyer desires a pickup, it can be arranged via the UPS website (for a charge). I would leave the charge part off. They can discover that fact on their own.

For those that want the label mailed to them, you can go to the return and print off the Amazon return label. A few seconds of time and a stamp. It is on it’s way.

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

Amazon only offers QR codes for FBA orders and not for FBM, and some customers may be used to getting a QR code and don’t realize that they are not offered on Amazon FBM auto-generated returns.

I think USPS labels purchased through Stamps come with a QR code and I think you can only print out a label at UPS or USPS if you have one, there also may be an app that can generate a QR code if issuing a label manually to the customer.

As mentioned by Jws if the customer does not have a printer, they can have a return label mailed to them.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Anytime you get an auto-authorized return, you can just send the buyer a message that they do not need to send the item back and that you will issue a full refund. You can also change your return settings to have this happen automatically. But, you do risk the buyer telling the world they can get free product by ordering from you and requesting a return.

If you are based in the USA, Amazon will automatically provide a return label. You can go to the return, download that label and email or print and mail it. It is an option that is often overlooked. You do not have to go through the process. The return was authorized. That is all that is required. But a dollar’s worth of time and a stamp, may keep you from receiving negative feedback.

Yes, there are many people that do not own printers, a pc or laptop. I do not have a printer in my home. I have many at work.

My postal carrier can scan my screen to read the scan sheet barcode. You would think that UPS, USPS and FedEx would figure out how to make the same think work to easily print a label. But I guess they need a QR code instead. Stupid.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd