user profile
Sign in
user profile

Update on default handling time for seller-fulfilled orders

by News_Amazon

Starting October 31, 2023, the default handling time for seller-fulfilled orders will be updated from two days to one day for SKUs that are already handled in one day or less.

More than 85% of seller-fulfilled orders are shipped within one day, so this update allows you to set more accurate handling times and offer customers more attractive delivery promises.

To help protect your account health, your handling time will be updated based on your historical handling time over the past three months, as well as any of the following SKU-specific settings:

• SKUs that take one day or less to handle and don’t have a SKU-specific handling time will default to one-day handling.
  • SKUs that take more than one day to handle and don’t have a SKU-specific handling time will default to two-day handling.
  • SKUs that have a specific handling time will not change.
  • SKUs that have a Premium Shipping option will remain as same-day delivery.

These handling time updates will also apply if you sell in our Canada store.

If you have products that take more than one day to handle, go to Manage Inventory and set a longer SKU-specific handling time to override the default option.

We also recommend that you set an order handling capacity to protect your business from order surges.

For more information, go to Manage your handling time.

Tags: News and Announcements
2.3K views
79 replies
79 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_aWrza8YvWVgM1
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I think you guys have already been doing this as we have had our handling times bumped from 2 days to 1 without any notice

user profile
Seller_OvL8C4BJWiuS9

Seriously, how can you just manipulate seller's stores? They know how long it takes to process their products. Maybe sometimes it only does take a day, but other times it may take 3. Taking it in your own hands to change seller's shipping settings is going too far. Sellers already have little to no control over what happens to their listings, their brand's...

user profile
Seller_LImVvUWeyiCfQ

Not once have we ever had a buyer complain their order arrived earlier than expected. When a buyer orders from us, that's pretty much an indication they're just fine with our set handling time. And price, for that matter, but that's another topic.

user profile
Seller_WAZNnMBpd99sI

Starting October 31, 2023, the default handling time for seller-fulfilled orders will be updated from two days to one day for SKUs that are already handled in one day or less.

Are you frickin' kidding us??

How can you just unceremoniously change something as important as Handling Times!!!

We sure hope you will not negatively hit sellers ODR when delays occur (think heavy rain, snow, etc) that are out of our control.

WE set our handling time base on our absolute fear of Amazon's wantonly hitting us with late shipping due to (mostly) USPS's failure to scan a pickup the same day.

(1 minute past midnight scans, which we see ANYTIME USPS is not perfect in scanning late afternoon pickups in poorly operating Post Office localities, counts as "late")

The lack of common sense astounds us, every-single-time Amazon comes out with a new Proclamation!

[Moderation Edit: Removed inappropriate commentary]

user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG

user profile
News_Amazon
View post
More than 85% of seller-fulfilled orders are shipped within one day

Thanks for the news

So "lets make it 100%" is what you're thinking?

Leave sellers accounts alone!

Worry about your warehouses

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

Let's see if I get the math right:

If I ship an item in one day 85% of the time, I will be "rewarded" by having the handling time will be changed to 1 Day.

So next month, if I ship at exactly the same rate, of 85% of them in 1 Day, I will take a hit to my ODR for 15% of orders shipping late, resulting in possible suspension.

Did I do the math correctly?

user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

No. Just bloody no. It's my business and I am NOT a prime seller. I have my buffer where I bloody well want it. And I say again, we sellers have been called customers lately. Where is our customer service? Who the heck is listening to us. BACK OFF making changes to our accounts or shipping practices. By all means offer them, but don't make stupid changes to OUR businesses without our consent. We keep saying we want to control our businesses. Over and over in these forums, on surveys, anyone that wasn't up for a stupid promotion would read and know that we are NOT interested in this. And AMAZON PRIME doesn't even live up to that standard most of the time.

Not new, not confused. Selling since 2007 or so here. Sick to death of Amazon executive wannabes making decisions that help no one.

My templates are set where I wanted them and I bloody well better not need to go in and 6-8 thousand SKUs because of someone's stupidity. Books are individual SKUs and for used booksellers, rarely repeated.

MJ, the currently irate

user profile
Seller_WAZNnMBpd99sI

Update on default handling time for seller-fulfilled orders

by News_Amazon

We nominate this as the Clusterpcuk announcement of-the-year by Amazon......

user profile
Seller_hRdIsuFeugR4A

Update the Order Handling Capacity if you are unable to fulfill orders in 1 day.

user profile
Seller_gatjkdfPmzT4O

Just in time for the extended holiday returns policy too. So we have to work even harder for customers to take advantage of us even more.

Go to original post