user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon returned an FBA item to me that's not mine, but in my box and it's worth a whole lot more. Next Step?

by Seller_bISqy3UGgtzho

How do I contact Amazon to inform them they sent me someone else's returned item in the box I use to send items into Amazon? The item is more expensive item and not even close to what I sell. Wanting to do the right thing and get it to the rightful owner. The problem is, the box has no paperwork to track anything. It's as though someone wanted to return an item and chose the wrong one from their ordered items and used my box.

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, Warehouse
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_bISqy3UGgtzho
In reply to: Seller_bISqy3UGgtzho's post

I was able to find the answer on a previous post.

user profile
Seller_IxKzi7eKxWvwK

You can create the case. Provide the pictures of the received item, your item, LPN label and shipping label to get the reimbursement.

user profile
Seller_4gowSIOqYgkJL

There is an item I order for my business once a week from amazon. It is long so when they leave it on my porch the box size is specific last week they attempted to deliver that item 4 times, First time I got 5 oil filters, second time i got a 12 pack of at home drug testing kits, 3rd time I got chemistry beakers, and last but no least ON tennis shoes mens size 10.5 last time. I gave up and am now on going to purchase this item on another site. The biggest reason why i am not dealing with amazon anymore on this item though is all 4 items have been returned and I am still waiting on my refund but if a customer returns something they buy from me they get an automatic refund. So amazon lost a 35 dollar a week sale from me now forever.

user profile
Seller_ntjsLtbenySYo

this happens a lot. someone buys your item on FBA, then sends back a different item. amazon refunds them and sends you the junk. it's a time consuming process to get this resolved. usually i eat the loss, but if it's worth it, you can take pics of the item, packing slip, and envelope/box....then start the lovely journey of working with stellar amazon seller support

user profile
Seller_tX7Jg3CnyOEYF

I think it's a scam. We've had a similar thing happen where they return our product, but a cheap little item was in the return box. They buy an expensive item, get a refund and return a cheap item in the box. Amazon accepts every return for any reason and we have no control. Amazon is great for buyers, but a nightmare for sellers.

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

They do it all the time just like your 1-2 units missing from every FBA shipment they figure it is not worth your time and many let it slide. Many times when they are worn there is not even a slip and almost impossible to figure out what you got ripped off for!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post