user profile
Sign in
user profile

Bullet Points are now hidden by default?

by Seller_NzEmZKTEdcpPZ

We noticed that Bullet Points for many products are now hidden by default at Amazon.com under "About This Item" line next to the product image. We see this across most brands and product lines, i.e. this is not specific to our product listings. Is this normal now?

Amazon: in our opinion, this is a bad move. Customers are in a hurry, they don't have time to click around. Make it to be visible by default and let customers decide if they want to hid it or not. Otherwise, this diminishes quality of listings and minimizes the information for the customers. Many of the product lines' fields are outdated or can't support important information about the product. Title is very limited in terms of what can and should go there. Therefore, Bullet Points is the important area where product listing creators can show additional features.

Tags: ASIN, Add a product, Detail page, Listings, SKU
61 replies
61 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_NzEmZKTEdcpPZ's post

Amazon is forever deciding that some other way must be better.

user profile
Seller_ORQtG7VJkFtXK

I just found a bunch of my listings this way. I thought the bullets were gone and called seller support, who of course, didn't know this tidbit of information. Agreed, this is terrible and not customer focused at all. How do we turn this off? Mods are you listening?

user profile
Seller_aWrza8YvWVgM1

Not everything needs to be streamlined. Hidden bullet points, one star with the rating number next to it, and descriptions at the bottom are not good looks at all.

user profile
Seller_FwpA1naSVnywt

Perhaps check your account health.

Amazon forbids certain wording in the description and bullets now. This is Amazon's latest "feature".

You may need to edit this.

user profile
Seller_DNA6s5poDP37d

Amazon needed additional room to accommodate product sponsor ads, and as you can observe, these ads have now claimed the space. It's time to infuse more creativity into your product heading.

user profile
Seller_R2dP7Hunjcdj0

I completely agree. Yet ANOTHER change to the Amazon experience that was unannounced until it was implemented, and with zero input from those most affected by the decision.

Amazon, your existing ASIN detail page design made you the most successful online selling platform on Earth.

So WHY would you feel the need to change what already worked SO WELL for you (and for all of us).

If Selling on Amazon has proven one thing it is this: You cannot expect the Buyer to take any steps to understand what they are buying, you have to "Slap them in the face just to get their attention".

HIDING IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEHIND A "ABOUT THIS ITEM" DROP-BOX WAS AND IS A TERRIBLE IDEA AND WILL ONLY LEAD TO MORE BUYER CONFUSION AND RETURNED ORDERS.

Amazon, PLEASE rethink this and REMOVE THIS FEATURE. The "Bullet-Points" of a listing are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, or else Amazon would not have created them in the FIRST PLACE.

Think of the space the details page could save if you likewise were to"Hide" the product images, and the description. Let's not forget the reviews and "similar items" recommendations as well.

You could "Hide" EVERYTHING except the product title and make the details page clean and sparse, requiring the Buyer to "Unlock" ALL of the areas needed to understand WHAT they were actually buying.

But it would NOT increase sales. Quite the opposite in fact.

So WHAT were you thinking? In WHAT way does this change increase the chance to make the sale?

How did making it more difficult mean that it was thereby made "Better"?

Amazon, will you PLEASE stop tripping over your own successes and changing things for NO other reason than to affect "Change" for "Change's" sake?

user profile
Seller_XKaYGO2VxCoEu

amazon don't want customer to check, they just want customer to buy regardless if they buying the right item or not, they don't care if customer buys a shampoo but he actually needs a body wash, as long as money flows in, higher return rate, does not matter. Amazon holds the money by the time customer file return, we talking about tons of $$, even just for 2 weeks, investment is good. even for full refund, amazon still takes some administration fee, in this economic, amazon just want buyer to pay.

user profile
Seller_YjWh596h4AF5R

WHAT A TERRIBLE IDEA!

user profile
Seller_gdX6mm1HIo4ov

It depends upon the web browser you use as well. Chrome and Firefox are giving different results

user profile
Seller_mo5pCVDAQJomD

Hi,

Same happened with me. I contacted customer care with screen shot and now it is visible. Try it

Tc

Go to original post