user profile
Sign in
user profile

Why does amazon allow chinese sellers that ship from china

by Seller_nlrdMbqDUJShY

Does anyone know why amazon allows chinese sellers to ship from china. I can’t think of one reason that its good for amazon. However its bad for a dozen reasons that i could think of here’s some of them. please give your thoughts and maybe this can make it to an executive’s desk.

1. It drives their main sellers (the US ones) nuts.

2. 99.99% of the products they sell is FAKE

3. It generally takes more than 1 month to come and most buyers aren’t aware it will bee so long (they know amazon suppose to be quick) and get annoyed and then start to dislike amazon.

4. They dont really get new business for amazon they just take over popular items and sell them for cheaper so amazon gets less fees then if there would be a fba seller selling at a higher price.

Tags: Fees, Pricing
35 replies
35 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ofOBVTQ7u4YSX
In reply to: Seller_nlrdMbqDUJShY's post

I have no idea. It is one of the worst decisions Amazon has made. The catalog became even more bloated with cheap junk that the Chinese can afford to sell for pennies thanks to the money our tax dollars pay in subsidies for their postage. If anything they should be allowed to sell FBA only.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Frankly, I am sick and tired of seeing posts like this.

Do you know “why” Amazon +allows+ Chinese sellers? Because frankly, they are better at business, than Americans and easier to work with. They don’t look at what their neighbor is doing and complain, they watch +and+ learn in silence.

Many have quality products and can keep their costs down, because they are producers of volume and labor is not as expensive as it is here. They look to the future, while learning from the past, but live 100% in the present.

Whether you or any other seller in this forum feels differently, for the most part, honest Chinese sellers, will beat most American sellers, on customer service and price, any day of the week.

Not everything that comes out of China is counterfeit and by the same token, not every American seller, is fit to be selling on Amazon.

The prejudice, jealousy and rude behaviour, directed against any race or country, should be banned in this forum.

Products shipped from China, take anywhere between 3 to 21 days to be received and at +bare minimum+, at least 75% of the products being sold on Amazon, are not made in the USA, but in China or Taiwan.

Get off your high horse and work, instead of criticizing other countries, cultures or races.

Frankly, I don’t care who disagrees with me. I learned this business from a brilliant Chinese gentleman, back in the 70’s and he was the most hard working, honest, no frills, no BS human being, I ever had the honor of working with.

user profile
Seller_6kGVXV3FOY1iY

Do some research on the USPS subsidies that China receives and that will drive you crazy. Chinese sellers on here get away with selling counterfeit items, duplicate selling accounts, phony UPC# and Amazon does nothing to correct it. It sucks but it is reality.

user profile
Seller_6kGVXV3FOY1iY

They are hardly better at business, they are however excellent at research. They (Chinese) research for good selling items and duplicate them and forward that low quality garbage to the United States. Zero disregard for IP rights, Patents, Trademarks, GS1 Barcodes, etc…

user profile
Seller_ofOBVTQ7u4YSX

I am still waiting on an item shipped from China with “expedited shipping” that I ordered November. 22nd and that had a latest expected delivery date of December of Dec. 6th. It was shipped by epacket a over a week after the order was placed and it took another week for it to depart China. As of today, it has not even arrived in the United States and I needed it before Christmas. The seller finally refunded the item price on Dec. 26th but I had to file an A-Z claim to get back the shipping cost. The seller tried to argue that shipping shouldn’t be refunded because they said that they will let me keep the item when (or if) it arrives. :-/

There is no way most items from China will arrive in less than a couple weeks unless something other than standard Chinese post shipping is used.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

The items I order knowing they ship from China often arrive before some orders which ship from the USA.

The quality of the seller matters a lot.

There are some good sellers in China, as well as some horrible sellers.

Edited by: Lake on Jan 11, 2018 7:58 PM

user profile
Seller_2kEIcneTyriGf

The main answer is Money.

user profile
Seller_7aWmHQIOUkmz0

I would say it usually takes 2 weeks to arrive US with epacket shipping.But sometimes it fails.You should not blame the seller actually,sellers have no control of the shipping speed.You will receive the item at last if the package is not lost.

user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C

They are actively recruiting China based sellers at the rate of 230,000 per year (not my data). They need to build the number of sellers from China so when the Amazon Cargo Ship is ready it will be a smooth transition and fully loaded on the first departure.

Here is piece from 1/14/2016 in USA today that cites Amazon’s Shipping permit and other goodies.

“Amazon could be moving into the $350B ocean freight market”

Here is part of the article from that piece written 2 years ago by an industry outsider. For those that constantly attack my posts with “NO’s” and Ad Hominem, enjoy…

+It would allow Chinese factories to sell directly to U.S. customers through Amazon.+

+“They won’t need the middle man,” he said.+

+The loser in all this will be Amazon resellers who buy from China and sell to customers in the United States. “They’re going to be disrupted,” Peterson said.+

user profile
Seller_syjmYvuDww6Az

Do a Google search on the following: “Foreign influence operations are causing alarm in Washington” and read an article in the Washington Post that will be very illuminating.

Go to original post