user profile
Sign in
user profile

Virtual Product Bundles NEW Beta

by Seller_vF4p93YVT9w2a

Has anyone been invited to the virtual product bundles beta yet? There are reports from some sellers that they have received it:

You have an exclusive invitation to join the confidential ‘Virtual Product Bundles’ pilot, which allows you to create ‘virtual’ or ‘soft’ bundles with your existing FBA inventory to help increase your sales. To reserve your space in this pilot, please create at least one bundle using the tool over the next week. With this free new tool, you can easily create a new detail page for your bundle in just a few minutes, and offer your bundle for sale without having to change anything about your inbound FBA inventory.

Tags: FBA, INR (item not received)
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
In reply to: Seller_vF4p93YVT9w2a's post

Very surprised no one has brought this up yet. Why do I smell a colossal disaster in the making, allowing warehouse workers to put these bundles together?

Have you tried it? Any comments?

All I could find was offsite information:

Product Bundles – In Beta for Third-Party Sellers

Amazon recognizes that its warehousing and fulfillment network is going to be a key component of its ability to compete with Walmart and other brick-and-mortar incumbents. To this end, the eCommerce giant is investing in the capacity of its Fulfillment by Amazon program (FBA), including rolling out a feature much-requested by third-party sellers: virtual product bundles.

The Product Bundles pilot program allows FBA sellers to virtually bundle products together, with or without a bundle discount. Bundles can include up to five products from a single catalog and Amazon will automatically update quantities based on the availability of the lowest-stock item within the bundle. When you create a Product Bundle, Amazon assigns it a unique SKU and you can independently edit the product title, description, bullets, images and price.

This feature is available now to third-party sellers, but it is still in beta, meaning Amazon is still refining it. Whether or not this will be rolled out to all products stocked in Amazon’s fulfillment centers is yet to be determined, so first-party vendors should keep an eye on this feature as well.

Bundles allow you to offer more variations within your assortment, increase digital share of shelf (by having more ASINs without more labor) and cross-promote your catalog. This opens up new strategic possibilities in your ad campaigns; for example, running ads for a product bundle could allow you to promote multiple products with a focused campaign, rather than diluting your ad budget across each of those ASINs separately. In theory, this could offer new ways to improve ROI, so keep an eye out for these potential new opportunities.

user profile
Seller_kHuGS7pkJ2p6u

pin

user profile
Seller_kPLSNs4Lpetjk

I just posted today about this.

user profile
Seller_2pdzSAmQWLzFf

We utilized virtual bundles for our products this year. They have sold and I think it’s a good way to market and sell products, especially launching a new product with an existing product. We launched a new product this year and paired it with our existing high-volume product to give it visibility and traction, and it did pretty well. Amazon sends out an excel sheet with sales data on the Virtual Bundles on a weekly basis, but it is a bit confusing as far as how many sold. As an example, 10/24/20 shows Bundle #1 sold 17 units, but it also has another line that on 10/24/20 Bundle #1 sold 25 units. The report is supposed to list total sales each day for each bundle, so I don’t know if I add those two up or not, but based on total sales of one of the products in Bundle #1, I don’t think that’s the case. A couple issues we ran into in that each product in the bundle is shipped separately, so when the customer received only a portion of the bundle, a couple people were confused and complained that they didn’t get everything they ordered, so we had to explain the bundles. The other issue it processing and shipping costs are for each item in the bundle, so although the customer buys “one bundle” we pay for the processing of each item (either 2 or 3 in our case). We plan to use the data from the Virtual Bundles to create our own pre-packaged bundles, which will be one “item” shipped all together, so there will be less fees for us and the customer will get everything all at once. If we underestimate next year and sell out of our pre-packaged bundles, we will convert to virtual again.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post