user profile
Sign in
user profile

Vinyl sellers...how are you shipping your records

by Seller_JFHcOi6zlrD4s

Now that media mail is being restricted by shorter transit times, how are you shipping your record albums?

Mine won’t fit in the priority envelope or the USPS Regional A box that I use for larger items

Is this the end of album sales here?

Tags: Buy Box, Restricted Products
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_9H5tLtAvo6re9
In reply to: Seller_JFHcOi6zlrD4s's post

No. I ship using those cool boxes that Amazon is using the ones that keep the edges from being bent. I also use FBA.

user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84

There are cardboard mailers specifically made for shipping 1 or 2 LP’s. Is one LP light enough to ship First Class Package?

user profile
Seller_1AzWhmILQiEP2

To send via priority mail, there are two options, neither flat rate:

put in a vinyl LP box, and ship via priority mail (and put a priority Mail sticker on the box)

or, use a priority mail box #2DPCON-13-B-0008. This measures 12.25 X 2.875 X 13.375 inches when put together. The trick is, DO NOT put it together. Leave it flat, slide the LP in, and seal it shut while leaving it flat.

I just weighed this box, with an LP inside, and it was less than 1 pound combined weight. Of course you are only going to get standard shipping reimbursement so you should price your LPs appropriately.

Mine are all priced so that if I send via priority mail I will not lose money.

I have shipped LPS via priority mail in this way and never had a problem.
But usually I use an LP box and ship via media mail.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

My single LP packages in LP mailers usually weigh under one pound, and can be shipped First Class Parcel, and should meet appropriate delivery standards. Our recent shipments from Maine to Alaska arrived on time.

They cost more than $3.99 for package and postage.

user profile
Seller_Wun3v7a8dXJDQ

Most standard Vinyl Records can be shipped by First Class Mail in a typical 4 Fold LP Cardboard Mailer. If it’s a 2 LP or more or a heavier item then it may have to ship by Priority Mail and you would have to adjust for that in your pricing. For those FBA fees would be less than the Priority Mail 2lb rate in most cases.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post