user profile
Sign in
user profile

Vintage Jewelry Items

by Seller_WZrLQ2pIxdv47

At the moment I sell my handmade jewelry here on Amazing Handmade. Are we allowed to sell vintage jewelry here anywhere? On my own website, I sell my own handmade jewelry, vintage jewelry, vintage sunglasses and other vintage accessories such as gloves, scarves, handbags etc. It would be nice to do the same here

I have heard sellers on Etsy discussing vintage books etc here, but I can’t find anything when I look.

Many Thanks,

Sue

Tags:
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7LtygIVXUooLe
In reply to: Seller_WZrLQ2pIxdv47's post

I can not speak to the Handmade side of it but I can speak to the Retail side of Amazon. All those categories your talking about require approval to sell in. Some of them are pretty tough to get into. A lot of that has to do with people selling fakes and knock offs. Handbags and sun glasses are an example of this.

I sell an assortment of vintage items. Jigsaw puzzles, cross stitch kits, toys, electronics, etc. Honestly if the listing isnt already on Amazon I dont bother to list it on here. When you create a listing for an item like this its like a needle in a haystack. You usually only have one of the item so by the time you put in all the keywords and do all the pics and description you have too much time invested in it. And to get traffic to the listing you have to pay for advertising which is pointless for just one item.

On the retail side of Amazon you dont have much of any kind of following or customer base. Now if Amazon allows you to list those types of items in your handmade shop and you already have a following for this type of item then it may be worth it but if your looking to branch out into the retail side I wouldnt waste my time.

I have sold many old books on Amazon. They are not really grouped in an area that I have ever looked at. Im sure Amazon has some way to search for just old books but most Amazon buyers dont search that way. If I have an old book and I can find a listing for the exact year, edition, and publisher I will list it. Otherwise I list it on Ebay.

user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN

You are already on Etsy so why wouldn’t you sell those items there?

user profile
Seller_atnk8fSvVuoeY

Unless the rules have changed, clothing and accessories must be new with tags to be sold on Amazon. There are also many brands that are restricted and would require current invoices in order to get approved to sell.

user profile
Seller_7LtygIVXUooLe

Another issue you will run into on the Retail side is barcodes. Each item you create a listing for must have a barcode. Most vintage items no longer have the original packaging with a barcode, Some were produced before barcodes, And a lot of the ones that did have barcodes had barcodes that are not recognized or have been reused for other products. You will have to purchase barcodes from a 3rd party just to use to list.

Books are listed by ISBN numbers but all books produced before the early 70’s do not have a ISBN. To list one of these books you now have to apply to Amazon for an ISBN exemption. I have never bothered to do this. If the book is valuable enough to fool with most likely I can list it elsewhere easier and sell it quicker.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post