user profile
Sign in
user profile

Verifying Address

by Seller_V1BC0hxbzF0ol

Dear Seller,

You recently started registration for a Selling on Amazon account and have not validated your address. A postcard containing a verification code was delivered to the address provided to Amazon. You must complete address validation within 13 days of receipt of this email , by completing the following steps:

1. Login to your Selling on Amazon Accountusing your email and password.
  2. You will be redirected to the address validation screen.
  3. In the Code field, enter the validation code from your postcard. The validation code is printed in red on both sides of the postcard.
  4. Click Next to validate your address. After you validate your address, you can proceed with creating your Selling on Amazon account.

That’s the email I got from amazon. I’ve received the note. Problem is, when I log in, I don’t see anything about address verification. Any idea on where I’m supposed to go if it doesn’t automatically pop up?

Tags: Address, Registration, Verification
33 replies
33 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Il65fnhmzB1hn
In reply to: Seller_V1BC0hxbzF0ol's post

Have you tried under Settings > Account Info?

user profile
Seller_Il65fnhmzB1hn

Post the content of the Emails please, just leave your personal information out. I have never heard of that type of verification. What market are you signing up for?

I guess if you are not redirected then there is nothing to verify, at least not on that market.

user profile
Seller_Il65fnhmzB1hn

So after revising, and researching, I advice that you make sure the email does come from Amazon because Amazon does not verify addresses using a post card mailed to you. Unless it is very new, in which case I will invite @SEAmod to clarify if its something new.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

It almost seems that Amazon is trying the very, very old way that PayPal used to verify addresses. They simply mailed you a postcard.

Of course even back then it was fraught with peril as anyone can have mail sent, well everywhere. But I guess in this case it must be read by someone in 12 days. But with the USPS now scanning and sending you images of the mail to “your” address. Might not be too hard.

user profile
Seller_V1BC0hxbzF0ol

I emailed amazon and am waiting to see what they have to say

user profile
Seller_yot6gVWVz1USo

I am experiencing similar issues no redirect for address verification nothing in Settings | Account info and have not received any post card.

user profile
Seller_yzMHAAjgTbMff

I too am getting this message when I try to log in to Amazon Seller but it won’t let me see any of my other data. Do I really have to wait to get this postcard and verify before I can access my account?

user profile
Seller_5JZUvWbhEZrrq

I have documented my personal info for selling as an individual twice with Amazon Seller Central. The last step is the address verification. They UPS 2nd day Air sent me the verification code, with 15 days to do it.
Instructions tell me:

1. Log in to my Seller account.
  2. In the Code field, enter the verification code from your postcard. The verification code is printed in red…
  3. Click Submit to verify your address.

After you verify your address, you can proceed with creating your Selling on Amazon account.

The problem is, (as stated in all the posts above). We log in, and there is no where to enter an address verification code. No pop up, no redirect. Nothing. Customer Service tells me to reapply - seriously? And it told Golden Goods Mart that it wasn’t them?
I’ve been selling on Amazon for years and let it lapse for a year, and now I’m trying to jump through hoops to reactivate it. Very frustrated!
Does anyone have any ideas? I do not have pop ups blocked.

user profile
Seller_s4V8RwyJVsPqn

WHERE DO I FIND THE address validation PAGE.
IS IT IN MY INFO PAGE?

user profile
Seller_UDGqCAmya8cuH

Go to Account Info > Under Business Information > Business Address

Go to original post