user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS scans are killing me slowly

by Seller_EGfdjtv2z4NLe

Problem: Can’t confirm on Amazon that item is shipped with how they scanned in items today. Or can I? It says USPS “awaiting item”. However they do have it. Sold on Sat after post office was closed. Did this postage this morning. Dropped them off 4:30 today and it does not say package acceptance pending it instead says below. Problem is that it needed a scan by the 3rd. So if the USPS does not update this online I am screwed with a late shipment again. The 29th is how they normally look. Ugh. Looked at a bunch of the tracking for today and each one had a different time. I used a scan sheet.

March 2, 2020, 4:05 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
--------------, GA ----------

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 4:05 pm on March 2, 2020 in ---------------, GA ------. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

March 2, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Tracking from the 29th says something completely different:

February 29, 2020, 10:32 am
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
---------------, GA ----------

February 29, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Tags: INR (item not received), Lost shipment, Shipping, Shipping labels, USPS
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_xK0z6fYoZkl0d
In reply to: Seller_EGfdjtv2z4NLe's post

We’ve been seeing the same issue for a few days now. Usually the date and time will be correct though, once it actually shows up. It seems to be the USPS web site that isn’t updating promptly.

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

iluvbooks

If you’re buying your postage online, you need to make sure that you wait & have a clerk actually scan your packages in while you were there dropping off…

Instead of throwing them in a pile on the counter, or the bin that they leave in the lobby… or a blue box someplace…

If you do not get an acceptance scan at the counter, you have to wait until whenever it gets scanned in a processing center…

Which may or may not happen in a timely manner…

Sometimes packages – do get missed, and they may not show up until almost their final delivery scan…

Also you could try adding another day or two to your handling time to give yourself more wiggle room…

user profile
Seller_9v05N4PANTYlc

Are you shipping anywhere near Denver metro by chance? I had the same problem on Saturday - I got the local post office scan of the manifest barcodes, but the items were never scanned at the Denver NDC. I’m hoping that they were processed over the weekend and sent on their way.

I also received no scans on incoming packages processed through the Denver NDC over the weekend as well. Finally tonight, I started getting scans at Denver NDC on today’s outgoing packages.

How does a Network Distribution Center not scan anything from Saturday to late Monday? What is their scan volume over the weekend, 100,000-250,000 pieces?

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

We use ShipWorks and Amazon Buy Shipping. Both confirm at label creation. In an hour or two, all of today’s orders will be sitting in mail tubs waiting for the carrier to pickup.

What sellers get in trouble for is printing a label today, but not shipping until say Friday.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Back in the day when we were shipping from home, we’d put the mailbox flag up. Put the scan sheet in the box with a note that said, packages are at the front door.

Spoke with our carrier once and she said, if we did not get a pickup request in, just put the flag up with a note.

Until we moved the operations to the warehouse, we were shipping almost every day. We were sure to tip her during the holidays.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post