user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS says address is undeliverable, but address is valid

by Seller_N3I2opyeGEBu7

USPS tracking says “Unable to deliver item, problem with address”.
But I was able to look up the address on google map, looks valid.
Does USPS often make mistakes like this?
Can USPS refund postage or something in this case (no insurance)?

Tags: USPS
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_sJ6nHawArw0Wl
In reply to: Seller_N3I2opyeGEBu7's post

Is it gated?
Is there supposed to be a unit, or suite #?

Those are the main “problem with address.”
Along with the person who ordered the item to not be listed on the mailbox, and/or get mail/packages often.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

You will not receive a refund for Undeliverables.

In some cases, it is because the resident moved, changed their address, never filed a change of address notice or the notice expired.

In rare cases, yes, USPS gets it wrong and the parcel is marked Undelivered, but is actually Delivered, the next day or so.

Wait until you see the item, is on its way back to you, before you issue a refund.

user profile
Seller_3hIRLZLVYjQcO

USPS could have also meant there was a problem with the mailbox on the property.

user profile
Seller_BbPdNhnB7UFsv

Sometimes the delivery person messes up or even gets lazy and does this instead of delivering the package. First, confirm the address with the customer and verify if they can receive USPS mail at that address. If so, take the package back to the post office and inform them of the mistake and they will resend it free of charge to you.

user profile
Seller_m0R09CojYBEn8
  1. There is not a mailbox present at the address for mailman to leave mail or package.
  2. Mailbox is full.
  3. Buyer moved and left no forwarding address.
  4. Forwarding order has expired.
  5. Buyer is not listed as resident or is not known at the address.
  6. Missing apt. #, suite #, bldg # or some other unique identifier if multi dwelling or multi tenant bldg.
  7. Mailbox is damaged, knocked over or does not meet postal regulations for a mailbox.
  8. Mailbox is or has been blocked by a vehicle or some other obstruction, such as road construction, and mailman can’t get to mailbox.
  9. If business address, tenant could have been locked out by landload for nonpayment of rent.
  10. If residential rental, tenant could of been evicted and left no forwarding address. Tenants often do this because they think they can’t or won’t be found once landlord has obtained a forceable detainer and judgement for monies due landlord. Tenants, both business and residential, will also sometines do a “midnight moveout” if they are behind on rent and so they can’t be immediately found.
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post