user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS End of day form was scanned but tracking says "Label Created, not yet in system"

by Seller_8lP3sgE7AcsGc

Has any one experienced this? Packages were dropped off in the afternoon and end of day form was scanned. As of tonight the tracking still says “Label Created, not yet in system”.

Does it have anything to do with the current circumstances? This is the first time in many years of shipping USPS.

Tags: Shipping, Shipping labels, USPS
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_xKmAfN5CVK9Kf
In reply to: Seller_8lP3sgE7AcsGc's post

I’m having this same issue as well. Seems like it is an amazon issue. Amazon end of day forms are generating but they are not submitting the data to USPS servers.

Other USPS end of day forms are working fine from shipstation, endicia etc. Unfortunately we can’t print an amazon end of day form from any other platform other than amazon.

I reported the issue last night but have not heard back yet.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

A recurrent situation at USPS.

Not usually a reason for panic

user profile
Seller_xY6Sz2TGr3qlq

I am having the same issues with the packages I dropped off on 4/20. My scan form was created through shipstation.

The weird thing is that the Priority Shipments that were on the same scan form have updated. It is just affecting the first class shipments for some reason.

I am worried they were lost, but if others are having the same issue I guess it is just a glitch in the USPS system.

user profile
Seller_xKmAfN5CVK9Kf

We let amazon know about the bug this morning, they said they are aware of the issue and working on a fix. But could not give a timeline on the fix. It is still broken today.
I would suggest to make a seller support case about it. Hopefully with enough people complaining about the bug it’ll get fixed quickly.

user profile
Seller_p8252tdwUuvk6

I talked with an agent my the local annex as I have experienced this with a few batches, and I recommend that you do the same if the problem persists after a few days (call your local post office and they will give you the number for lost packages). They have tracking information that does not go on Amazon’s site or even the USPS site (like when it says in transit). Most packages will not receive their first scan until they are processed through a distribution center. At the very least, they can give you peace of mind that they are in possession of your packages.

On one batch that I sent earlier this month, it took almost two weeks for the tracking to be updated, but 5 packages are still lost and say awaiting shipment. These packages were stuck in the New Jersey distribution center, which is experiencing massive shortages due to COVID-19. I’ve had to refund two of those, as the buyers messaged me and the orders are now past due. On top of doing what’s right in these cases, I do not believe that I can win an INR case if the USPS has no record of receiving these packages.

Good luck and stay well!

user profile
Seller_eyKsMYtJuFE2K

I’m having the same problem with 70+ packages dropped off at USPS yesterday with an amazon scan form. Weird thing is even 12 packages with endicia labels and eBay labels are not showing up in tracking. I feel a little bad about this because I just accused the post office clerk of not scanning anything yesterday. I wouldn’t even normally go back and check tracking but I had a customer on discogs who was suspicious why his order shows it was not dropped off.
With the current situation, drop off at USPS is the worst part of my day. It’s crowded, the drop off area is roped off and further there are plastic shower curtains that I have to reach through to leave packages on the counter. I wonder how many germs are on those ill conceived curtains.
Additionally I have about 25 packages (that I know of) shipped around April 4 though the 6th which haven’t yet moved out of the Jersey City sorting facility. Already refunded 6 orders- this is not sustainable. Our retail shop is closed and I was counting on the USPS to be our partner fulfilling online orders so I don’t have to let my employee go on unemployment. I like to take care of my own business and not have to rely on any aid. The failure of USPS is beyond depressing.

user profile
Seller_7Lx7qHpKTs3qo

They are not scanning many packages or forms these days due to the virus. They may have just said or made it look like they would scan but they’re not. Usually the packages will self scan when they arrive at the distribution center. I have had First class packages arrive at their destination across the country and be scanned 4 or 5 days later. Also, they’re letting mail and packages sit around at distribution centers for days at a time.

user profile
Seller_3K5Sx4g1G7xok

Some more anecdotal data…

I just checked a random 10 packages all media mail dropped off at my PO on Monday 4/20. Postage was paid using Paypal.

All packages but one show as having made it to the second P/DC (Seattle) having “missed” the first DC (Spokane WA). They were scanned as being received at my PO about 11 a.m., then being “accepted” at the same PO in the middle of the night, which was obviously when they left Spokane for Seattle.

The Media package that didn’t go to Seattle? It was scanned as arriving in Spokane, then the next scan was Pittsburgh and it is currently sitting in someone’s mailbox in Pennsylvania. The book was ordered about noon his time on Monday and delivered by 10 a.m. on Wednesday. For $2.80.

user profile
Seller_piL7iNoHXIzZw

Seems I have some SFP packages shipped on 4/20 as well that are marked as “shipped late” even though they were shipped on time. I’m still good on metrics but preemptively sent SFP-Performance a message letting them know of the problem and referencing this forum topic.

user profile
Seller_im0QFHiOaPB43

Interesting. I use a scan sheet and checked orders on amazon and says shipped and that is all. Put the number in the USPS tracking and I get the complete data on where the package is. Seems like another amazon issue.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post