UPDATE: The launch date has changed from March 25th, 2021 to April 22, 2021.
What is changing?
March 25th, April 22, 2021, Amazon is improving the experience for listing new products that have an expiration date or lose effectiveness over time by requiring three additional product attributes when the Is_Expiration_Dated_Product (IEDP) attribute is set to True.
Flat file template
These fields will become conditionally required when the is_expiration_dated_product is set to True:
These fields will become conditionally required when the IsExpirationDatedProduct is set to True:
- FCShelfLife (Note: FCShelfLife accepts two values: the integer value and the unit of measure ‘days’.)
NOTE: These attributes are available when ASINs are created as Product Types that are subject to the Expiration Dated Product Policy.
Existing ASINs or inventory will not be affected and the change only applies to newly-created ASINs.
These Product Types are subject to the Expiration Dated Product Policy:
Which marketplaces are affected?
This change applies to all marketplaces.
Who is affected?
Developers with applications that upload and create product listings for the indicated Product Types are affected by this change.
What action is required?
If you have an application that is affected by this change, be sure to update the workflow to integrate the conditionally required fields for selling partners creating new ASINs.
Additional information for selling partner workflow
Selling partners listing new ASINs for one of the affected Product Types are expected to follow this decision path when selecting the values for the optionally required attributes:
- Does the product have an expiration date, manufacturing date, production date, shelf life, or will it degrade over a period (short or long) of time?
- Yes - IEDP is set to True and additional attributes are required.
- No - IEDP is set to False and no additional attributes are required.
- ‘Expiration Date Required’ - An expiration date is printed on the product packaging.
- ‘Expiration on Package‘ - The product will need to be reviewed for an expiration date at inbound.
- ‘Production Date Required’ - The production or manufacturing date is printed on product packaging.
- ‘Shelf Life’ - The product will lose effectiveness over time but does not have a clear expiration date or production date. For example: Batteries and Beauty Supplies.
- FC_Shelf_Life must be set to the number of days the product will remain in good condition in Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs) from the expected inbound date.
- FC_Shelf_Life_Unit must be set to “Days” as the unit of measure.
Note: There may be situations where IEDP is set to False but the Product Expiration Type (PET) value is required. In those situations, set the PET value to “Does Not Expire”.
For more information
For more information about integrating with the Feeds API, see the Selling Partner Feeds API reference.