Update on sending inventory for the holidays

In a previous announcement, we said to make sure that your inventory arrives at fulfillment centers by December 11 for Christmas. We’ve updated this date to December 2 to help better ensure that you have enough stock available for your most popular products.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

For more information, go to Key FBA holiday selling dates for the US.

I'm sorry can you tell me what time can't send goods to Amazon warehouse before Black Friday event?

Well, más vale tarde que nunca (roughly translated, ‘Better late than never’), no?

Increase the damn restock limits! This is beyond ridiculous.

a third of toy sales are in December.

There is no way to know what will get hot and what will not.

It is going to be fun watching how much stuff Amazon is sold out of this year.

There is a reason they cannot

Amazon cannot handle what it has.

Please check-in my existing inventory first, Amazon. Thanks.

Wouldn’t this mean we need to send inventory by November 6th for Black Friday?

Make sure you send inventory in 3 months before it sells to account for the backlog in receiving, then have your IPI go below 450 due to sending inventory in time for the holidays, then have half of your inventory returned to you because you’re exceeding your storage limits because you sent inventory in 3 months before it sells to account for…

Make sure you send inventory in 3 months before it sells to account for the backlog in receiving, then have your IPI go below 450 due to sending inventory in time for the holidays, then have half of your inventory returned to you because you’re exceeding your storage limits because you sent inventory in 3 months before it sells to account for…

Your statements have some issues with them.

1. The IPI does not change until January. It is evaluated November 15th and December 30th.

2. I have never heard of Amazon refusing to receive inventory they gave the green light to ship.

3. This Christmas season is going to be plentiful for people who have product. If someone cannot sell stuff in this environment, they should not be in business.

4. Amazon prioritizes product that has large quantity and is out of stock and sells well for receiving.

I criticize Amazon when I feel it is needed. They have communicated what is needed to work around the problems. This could be a LOT worse.

Not true.

1. My IPI changes on a almost monthly basis.

2. They have been reports of Amazon refusing inventory because of restock limits.

3. toyseller_14777 was diligent and made sure that it has a product on time for Christmas season so it is confusing what are you referring by your statement.

Amazon did not communicate anything in advance regarding the restock limits. In fact, they won’t say EXACTLY how are they determining restock limits. They do admit it is decided on case by case basis…The deserve to be criticized for this. There are plenty reports of restock limits being cut, without any warning by more than 50%. In my case they cut my limits to barely cover sales of 35 to 45 days…

While I can understand the problems they are facing, decision to unfairly cut limits for some and allow others to keep theirs needs to be criticized.

I have shipments from June and July that have not been checked-in yet. How in the world do you think a few weeks is enough time? LOL

Exactly !! That is lunacy.

I figured if I didn’t have my inventory in by this week it is going to be too late since it may not get checked IN until the first week of Dec, if even by then!

Yes so it can sit forever and not get checked in. Then wait a few more weeks for it to get transferred around and made available for sale.

Thanks for the update. Can you please try to do better when it comes to LTL pickups?

Thank you!

IPI changes every Sunday night (US Pacific time zone) so unit storage limits change weekly. What’s evaluated Nov 15th & Dec 30th may be the volume storage limits. If you go below an IPI of 450, then in addition to the unit limits we all have on our accounts, a storage volume limit is added. So, if a seller sells larger plush stuffed animals, they might have a 4000 unit limit, but the volume limit is well below the volume of 2000 plush stuffed animals.

Your point is valid, though. Amazon has been transparent with their policies - even if these policies are not well liked by sellers and require sellers to change how we feed the beast that is Amazon or stop selling on it.

I’m at like 88% of my available inventory, lol. Be happy to put up more; but the last month or so has been dead.

I’ve got to admit, I’m quite nervous about our inventory being delivered and received on time.

Normally I like all of our Q4 inventory in by Oct 1 but the Restock limits have us holding shipments now. Based on our sales curves in prior years, we have already missed a decent sales opportunity at Q4 kickoff.

/bites-nails

Let me clarify more.

The IPI score is set for 4th quarter. This limits the amount of cube people have.

If someone is over 450 on November 15th or December 31st, they have unlimited cube next quarter 2022 Q1.

IPI is recalculated every Monday so it can change. I was not completely clear in my wording.

They have been reports of Amazon refusing inventory because of restock limits.

The mods addressed this. The refusals are only when a seller breaks the rules.

Unit capacity has gone up for the last 3 weeks on Sunday/Monday.

Capacity is based on previous year’s numbers.

The only seller I know who has plenty of storage has a sell through rate in the low 2s. I suspect 2.0 is where the change is.

The people I know who have problems do not manage their inventory correctly. They have IPI scores below 450 for years and a sell through rate in the low 1s.

If a seller cannot manage these two items, they deserve problems here. IPI has existed for years.

Thank you for making that change @Amazon_News, but may I humbly suggest that that is still way too late? Last year, most sales happened in the first few days of December. Anyone that ordered past Dec 6 or 7, did not even receive their Christmas orders. Those who ordered just after Black Friday or in the first couple of days of December, just barely managed to receive their orders on Dec 23 and 24, thanks to huge shipping delays.

This year promises to be no different. Shipping in the pandemic is not a cakewalk. Amazon teams and warehouse workers know that enormous challenge full well, as to do all of us sellers. Amazon is taking 30-60 days to log in FBA inventory. Items received on Dec 2 will not even be available for Valentine’s Day deliveries given the current shipping delays.

We are not FBA, so we say this solely for the benefit of Amazon itself and our fellow sellers and all our shared customers. Items received at warehouses in early December will not make it to customers’ homes by Christmas. The date needs to be in early November at the latest, and then Amazon FBA teams will be having to work at breakneck speeds to get all those millions of units logged in and available for Black Friday and Christmas.

I’m scared…