To improve the delivery experience of seller-fulfilled orders for our customers, we want to ensure customers can see detailed shipment tracking information wherever possible. We have found that this also reduces customer contacts, order-related defects, and lost-shipment costs, while improving seller feedback ratings.
What is the new requirement?
Today, for seller-fulfilled orders, you are required to provide the carrier name when you confirm shipment through the Manage Orders page on Seller Central. We are making the following changes to the shipment confirmation process:
- Beginning April 5, 2021, you will be required to provide the carrier name (that is, the carrier-code field) when you confirm shipments via bulk feeds, APIs, or integrators. Some of the commonly used carrier names are USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- Beginning May 3, 2021, Amazon will validate tracking details (including carrier name and tracking ID) for all seller-fulfilled orders, and show warnings for invalid tracking details.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I enter the carrier name?
In order to provide the carrier name during shipment confirmation, do the following:
- When using Manage Orders on Seller Central, select the carrier name from the drop-down list. If you don’t see your carrier listed in the drop-down list, select ‘Other’ and input the carrier name in the text field. We will add more carriers over time.
- When using bulk feeds or APIs, provide the carrier-code (‘CarrierCode’ for APIs) during shipment confirmation for each order. If you are using an unlisted carrier, set the carrier code as ‘Other’ and then provide the carrier name in the carrier-name field (‘CarrierName’ for APIs). To learn more about the carrier-code and carrier-name fields, see here.
Note: If you are using an integrator, work with your integrator to ensure the carrier details are provided to us when confirming a shipment.
- When using Buy Shipping, there is no action required. We automatically collect data on carriers and ship methods used through Buy Shipping.
- What happens if I provide an incorrect tracking ID during shipment confirmation?
During the shipment confirmation process, you will receive a warning message “Please enter a valid tracking ID to confirm shipment.” Once you have entered a valid tracking ID, you will be able to confirm your shipment.
- Do I need to provide shipping service (or ship method) details during the shipment confirmation process?
Shipping service (or ship method) details are not required to confirm a shipment, but we highly recommend that you provide these details. This helps Amazon to provide accurate shipment tracking information to customers.