user profile
Sign in
user profile

Trademark infringement PLEASE HELP!

by Seller_Vm1XIMRuR8797

Hey Guys I need help from experienced sellers

Today I received a Notice from Amazon

Hello,

We are contacting you because we received a report of trademark infringement from the rights owner listed below. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to imply listings on product detail pages are trademarked when they are not. We removed the rights owner’s trademark(s) from the detail page(s) for the content listed at the end of this email.

If a product you are listing is compatible with a brand-name product, the product detail page(s) must clearly identify that the product is compatible with the trademarked product.

If you believe this complaint was made in error, please respond directly to this email and provide an invoice as confirmation.

If you believe that the reported content does not infringe the rights owner’s trademark, you may email notice-dispute@amazon.com with supporting information.

We may restore this content if we receive a retraction from the rights owner. Their contact information can be found below.

person@email.com

If the rights owner agrees to retract their complaint, they must send the retraction to us at notice-dispute@amazon.com.

We consider intellectual property infringements a serious matter. If we receive more complaints about your listings, we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.com.

To learn more about this policy, search for “Intellectual Property Violations” in Seller Central Help.

It is only because of one keyword in the title which was their brand registered and i was not aware of it nothing else my product is not using their brand name on anywhere else on my product i have my own branding

I have already changed my title and removed that keyword with the help to seller support

I contacted the rights owner but did not get any reply now what can i do in this?

What should i reply to Amazon as i want this to get reinstated otherwise it will be a huge loss to me

Tags: Detail page, Listings
27 replies
27 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_dxNiJ3wL98iWT
In reply to: Seller_Vm1XIMRuR8797's post

You messed up

You need to know the rules, BEFORE you play the game.

You can’t just sell any product as new, nor just use any company’s brand name.

You also can not claim IGNORANCE, as you are REQUIRED to know how to operate as a business, BEFORE selling

user profile
Seller_Vm1XIMRuR8797

@Oneida Can you please reply to this post?

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

If you need help, with a Suspension Notice or submitting a Plan of Action, open a NEW thread in the General Questions Forum, where it will get better exposure.

Do not reply to another seller’s suspension thread (i.e.: do not hijack threads). Create your own thread, so as not to confuse other sellers, who read the thread and may offer to help.

• Post the ORIGINAL Suspension Notice, you received, from Amazon, at the beginning of the thread.
  • Post YOUR reply to the notice, immediately after, your ORIGINAL Suspension Notice, if you have written one.
  • If you received, more than one notice, post Amazon’s notice first, with your reply immediately after and keep everything in chronological order.
  • Do not create multiple threads for the same problem. Post in your original thread.
  • Be patient, be honest and understand, it can sometimes take up to 30 days, for Seller-Performance to respond to your Plan of Action.
  • Do not send duplicate emails to Seller-Performance. Each time you submit ab appeal, it may be counted against, the number of times, you will be able to submit a revised appeal.

A Plan of Action (POA), requires these four elements:

• Problem:
    What problem, did Amazon state, your account was suspended for, in the Suspension Notice?

Examples: Inauthentic, Selling Prohibited Items, Negative Feedback, Opening a New Account after Being Suspended, Rights Owner Notice Complaint, Trademark Infringement, Selling Counterfeit Items, Duplicate Accounts, Late Shipment Rate, Used Item Sold As New, Not as Advertised/Wrong Item, etc…
— If there are several reasons, address each individually, in a single appeal. —

• What you have already done to correct the problem:
    What did you do, to correct the Problem(s), that caused the suspension?

Example 1: We have DELETED all ASINs from our Amazon Inventory, that were, Inauthentic, Counterfeit, Prohibited, Used Item Sold As New, etc…

Example 2: We have corrected the Title, Images, Bullet Points, Description, Checked Our Inventory, for Not as Advertised/Wrong Item, etc…

Example 3: We have contacted the Rights Owner and they have agreed to withdraw the complaint, made against us and they have submitted the Notice of Withdrawal, directly to Amazon, etc…

Example 4: We have provided legitimate Invoices, from the manufactuer or rights Owner, etc…

• How you plan to avoid the same problem from happening again in the future:
    What business remedies, will be put in place, to avoid future problems, with your account?

Example: We will only purchase stock, directly from manufacturers or authorized distributors, who also permit us to sell on Amazon.

• Make a brief closing statement:
    The key word here, is “brief”. Amazon does need, personal excuses.

Example: We accept full responsibility for our error and fully understand “why” (Insert reason for suspension, complaint, etc…), Please consider reinstating our account and we will never make the same mistake in the future.

Regards,

Your name
Your Amazon Seller Name
Your telephone number

Appeals need to be brief, honest and to the point. Use the above format, to help compile a POA, but please, do not send it in, until you post a draft of what you have written, back in this thread, for review by some other sellers.

You will not be able to add any items on Amazon, until you are able to submit a successful appeal and have the suspension lifted.

There are different Amazon email addresses, for different types of suspensions.
The most common, is seller-performance@amazon.com.

Please do not private message other sellers, unless they have asked you to provide additional information, you may not want to post publicly.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post