Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

Someone is using my upc code

I tried adding my products but after my 3rd one it said i couldn’t because the upc/gtin was being used by some unrelated product. What do i do now? I did click on the link to report it.

14 replies
14 replies
user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84

If you purchased the UPC number from an online seller to put on a product you want to sell, use a different UPC number and contact whoever you got it from and ask them what the guarantee is if the number is already used on Amazon.

Even if you got your UPC numbers from GS1, they could have been licensed to a previous seller and turned back in to GS1 if the seller went out of business and GS1 re-issued them to you.

Amazon can do some trickery and help you create an ASIN using that UPC number that already exists in Amazons database, but you may be better off using a different UPC number for that product you want to list.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

If you got them from an online seller neither you nor them might have any rights to use them.

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

I have 100 official GS1 barcodes, not bought from 3rd party companies my company prefix actually matches my upc codes. what do i do? Does Amazon check gs1 database before just letting anyone add any upc code they want that is not in the catalogue?

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

You don’t report it to anyone. You have to know your source. All those digits mean something. The first six digits are assigned to the company who purchases them from GS1, ad the last 6 digits are for 100,000 models. If you purchases on line you were probably scammed. Sellers wanting to make a quick profit, sit at the computer and keep entering digits in the add a product window on Amazon. When they come up with a Doesn’t Exist number, it is added to their for sale list. Now that you know how the real and fake system works, ask for your money back. img

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

Exactly, those numbers at the beginning belong to S&M Composites. I didn’t buy them from a scammer, i am making my barcode directly on the GS1 website that i pid online on the official GS1 website
S&M Composites LLC
The GS1 Company Prefix and the corresponding U.P.C. Company Prefix (”the Prefixes”) are licensed for the sole and exclusive use of the licensee and are restricted to the member to whom they are licensed. Only one company may use the Prefixes. Any other use of the Prefixes is prohibited, including but not limited to renting, leasing or subdividing all or portion of the Prefixes…
Legal Entity Global Location Number (GLN): 0856160008000

Original Issue Date: 4/10/2018
S&M Composites GS1 Company Prefix: 0856160008

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

I moved on because i have 60 more upcs to go but once i get to my limit I will definatly raise a major stink all ver the place including gs1, amazon, bbc. Amazon was going to fix it but not without doing a bunch od weird stuff, I run 20 websites it takes a few minutes to update a database, remove a user, or even easier yet delete the asin from the bad user and the upc. Amazon is getting better everyday so i am guessing once i need that upc number, the problem might already be fixed.
The problem is Amazon does not crosscheck to make sure the prefix actually belongs to whoever is listing a product. I package all my own kits and have 100 upc from gs1. If it was not a live UPC and it was still in draft, i could of just unassigned then reassigned a new number but it was already live so you can not change it after that. It’s freaking $750 for 100 upc, that was a lot of money for me to fork out as I am a startup, so I will come back to this matter, I want to list my product with my upc code and when its the last product i have i will have to get this fixed, i am guessing i will find more jerks with fake upc.

user profile
Seller_1t39kXG5VhPK3

I"m coming up against this problem today…Did you get your issue resolved?

user profile
Seller_S3ydJReBBJXAb

I have the same issue which stops me to add products. I have raised the ticket to amazon seller support 4 days ago. And what I got is that another department is working on that, nothing else.
Any other alternatives?

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

I tried adding my products but after my 3rd one it said i couldn’t because the upc/gtin was being used by some unrelated product. What do i do now? I did click on the link to report it.

14 replies
user profile

by Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

Tags:GTIN
14 replies
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84

If you purchased the UPC number from an online seller to put on a product you want to sell, use a different UPC number and contact whoever you got it from and ask them what the guarantee is if the number is already used on Amazon.

Even if you got your UPC numbers from GS1, they could have been licensed to a previous seller and turned back in to GS1 if the seller went out of business and GS1 re-issued them to you.

Amazon can do some trickery and help you create an ASIN using that UPC number that already exists in Amazons database, but you may be better off using a different UPC number for that product you want to list.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

If you got them from an online seller neither you nor them might have any rights to use them.

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

I have 100 official GS1 barcodes, not bought from 3rd party companies my company prefix actually matches my upc codes. what do i do? Does Amazon check gs1 database before just letting anyone add any upc code they want that is not in the catalogue?

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

You don’t report it to anyone. You have to know your source. All those digits mean something. The first six digits are assigned to the company who purchases them from GS1, ad the last 6 digits are for 100,000 models. If you purchases on line you were probably scammed. Sellers wanting to make a quick profit, sit at the computer and keep entering digits in the add a product window on Amazon. When they come up with a Doesn’t Exist number, it is added to their for sale list. Now that you know how the real and fake system works, ask for your money back. img

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

Exactly, those numbers at the beginning belong to S&M Composites. I didn’t buy them from a scammer, i am making my barcode directly on the GS1 website that i pid online on the official GS1 website
S&M Composites LLC
The GS1 Company Prefix and the corresponding U.P.C. Company Prefix (”the Prefixes”) are licensed for the sole and exclusive use of the licensee and are restricted to the member to whom they are licensed. Only one company may use the Prefixes. Any other use of the Prefixes is prohibited, including but not limited to renting, leasing or subdividing all or portion of the Prefixes…

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

I moved on because i have 60 more upcs to go but once i get to my limit I will definatly raise a major stink all ver the place including gs1, amazon, bbc. Amazon was going to fix it but not without doing a bunch od weird stuff, I run 20 websites it takes a few minutes to update a database, remove a user, or even easier yet delete the asin from the bad user and the upc. Amazon is getting better everyday so i am guessing once i need that upc number, the problem might already be fixed.
The problem is Amazon does not crosscheck to make sure the prefix actually belongs to whoever is listing a product. I package all my own kits and have 100 upc from gs1. If it was not a live UPC and it was still in draft, i could of just unassigned then reassigned a new number but it was already live so you can not change it after that. It’s freaking $750 for 100 upc, that was a lot of money for me to fork out as I am a startup, so I will come back to this matter, I want to list my product with my upc code and when its the last product i have i will have to get this fixed, i am guessing i will find more jerks with fake upc.

user profile
Seller_1t39kXG5VhPK3

user profile
Seller_S3ydJReBBJXAb

I have the same issue which stops me to add products. I have raised the ticket to amazon seller support 4 days ago. And what I got is that another department is working on that, nothing else.
Any other alternatives?

user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84

user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

S&M Composites LLC

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

S&M Composites LLC

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

user profile
Seller_lvqxdPK7QpYhj

user profile
Seller_1t39kXG5VhPK3

user profile
Seller_1t39kXG5VhPK3

user profile
Seller_S3ydJReBBJXAb

Any other alternatives?

user profile
Seller_S3ydJReBBJXAb

Any other alternatives?