Restricted Item (books) foolishness

Got this email today:

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

ASIN: 1930004575, SKU: 7Z-XBO1-LKN4, Title: “Conspiracy of the Six-Pointed Star: Eye-Opening Revelations and Forbidden Knowledge About Israel, the Jews, Zionism, and the Rothschilds”
ASIN: 1935965034, SKU: PI-D1RF-K1CQ, Title: “Toward the White Republic”

This product was identified as one that is prohibited for sale. Amazon reserves the right to determine whether content provides an acceptable experience for customers.

Why is this happening?
We took this action because this product is not permitted for sale on Amazon.com. It is your obligation to make sure the products you offer comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and Amazon’s policies.

What actions do I need to take?

• If any of the above ASINs are Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) offers, please initiate a removal request for the ASIN(s) referenced above to have your inventory sent to a location of your choosing. If you fail to initiate a removal request within 30 days of this notification, we may dispose of it in accordance with the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement and FBA policies. For more information on our FBA policies, please reviewhttps://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/201030350 and https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200140860.
  • Within 48 hours of this warning, please review your listings and close, delete, or archive any listings that do not comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and Amazon’s policies, including the product(s) listed above.
    Please note that moving a restricted product listing to Inactive (Out of Stock) does not make the listing compliant. If you think your product was incorrectly identified as a restricted product on Amazon, close the listing immediately to ensure compliance while you appeal the restriction with Seller Support.

What happens if I fail to follow the above instructions?
Failure to properly close or delete all restricted product listings from your inventory may result in the deactivation of your selling account, and funds may be permanently held.

We’re here to help:
If you have questions about our restricted products policy, please review:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200164330
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200832300
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/CYAVS22E6CQKV2B

Have you received this notification in error?

You can view your account performance at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/performance/dashboard or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing in light of the metrics and policy compliance standards required to sell on Amazon.

We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Amazon Services

So, of course, I checked and noticed I had one copy of each listed on a page Amazon had created, both had sold at least 6 years ago, and I hadn’t listed any since.

Under “what actions I need to take?” I hope “none.”

Can we get smarter bots, people? Or smarter people, bots?

Delete them from your Inactive Inventory. I try to delete inactive at least once a week , since I started doing that much fewer “Ghost” orders have showed up.
And that is what the notice said to do.

I have over 27000 inactive. sigh

Other sellers have been advised their copies of books by David Duke have been delisted.

Free exchange of ideas, no matter how loathsome, is no longer a characteristic of the books business as practiced on Amazon.

Can the days of Fahrenheit 451 be far off?

Well First do the two from the email notice now. If you have no Suppressed Inventory or double or triple copies, that is one inactive and one active, then you can do 50 or 100 per sheet and do the sheet as a whole. I was doing twenty five and that was a pain. Adjust the page view and it goes fairly fast.
I did find that I had a lot of Blocked Listing that I had thought were active so I did leave it at 25 and fast looked at pages for the icon symbol for blocked and fixed them first.
ETA: too many things are coming true from those days of speculative fiction and golden age of SF.
some are more equal than others, among other thoughts

THIS is a problem. When Amazon takes over so much of the book business and then decides it is the arbiter of what should/can be read? This needs to be exposed much more widely.

Actually as Amazon is the platform it is Amazon Uber Alles, IOW Amazon has their rules and it is their sandbox, we can take our toys and go play elsewhere or ….
We don’t say Mother A for grins

kudos to amazon from removing them.

Private company, their sandbox, their rules.

God forbid a hatemonger has to step inside a library.

Same for the confederate flag and nazi stuff.

I prefer book burning over cross burning any day.

You can see the sort of thought processes which Amazon has decided to cave into.

Not surprising that the biggest companies on the Internet with the largest megaphones have all decided that censorship fits their business model.

Same here, I have had a listing for a David Duke book restricted. I deleted the listing because there is really no point in fighting Amazon over this; they are not going to listen. It is easy to champion the freedom of speech for those you agree with; it is much harder but arguably much more important to do so for those you disagree with, and this case falls into the latter category.

Of course, The Communist Manifesto is still widely available on Amazon and has caused far more death and misery than all American white supremacist literature combined.

I am always surprised at what Amazon allows to be sold on the platform. I tend to think some items are just not coded for because the coders know not what they see.
As far as those two copies I would not sell them unless it was for BIG money. Let the Haters Pay.
I disagree with you on the hidden post only because that is a start on a very slippery slope going downhill.

Looks like I am due to get my account suspended. I suppose this is my hill to die on.

I would say either Mein Kampf, the Koran as interpreted, or the Bible and Crusades, much less Inquisition, has caused far more death and misery.

The notice said delete those two within the time frame given and you got it today, so if you are planning to martyr then do Not Delete else delete those two. up to you.

Hard to decide whether Hitler or Stalin killed more people. Stalin was able to keep at it much longer, with the assistance of Western Democracies. Both benefited from conspiracies of silence. They were two of a kind.

That’s not what I mean.

Open a case and get this fixed.

We had a problem once with a Power Rangers toy.

This is an easy one to dispute and you do not need any problems.

Make sure the item is deleted from your inventory, along with anything you have no desire to carry.

huh? For being against Amazon content guidelines?

same thing with facebook and twitter…private companies deciding what is and isn’t acceptable for discussion. better get used to it.

No, just items that were sold and moved to inactive or items sold elsewhere that I closed as no longer available.