Reminder notice: Business name and address to be displayed on Seller Profile page starting September 1, 2020

In association with this News Announcement, we are inviting you to ask questions here.

We want to remind you that beginning September 1, 2020, we will display a seller’s business name and address on their Amazon.com Seller Profile page. For individuals entities, we will display the individual name and business address. This is consistent with Seller Profile pages in Amazon stores in Europe, Japan, and Mexico. This will be rolled out across all U.S. Seller Profile pages over the week.

Why are we making this change?

Over the years, we have developed many ways for sellers to share more about their business, including through features like the Seller Profile page, “Store” pages for brand owners, and Handmade “Maker Profile” pages. These features help customers learn more about sellers’ businesses and the products they are selling. We are making this change to ensure there is a consistent baseline of seller information to help customers make informed shopping decisions.

Can I share more information to help customers beyond my business name and address?

Yes, you are welcome to add additional information about your business and products that you think would be helpful to customers. However, remember that you should not include an email address or phone number – to prevent spam and abuse, we require customers and sellers to use our Buyer-Seller Messaging System to communicate electronically.

What address will be displayed to customers?

On the Seller Profile page, we will display the business address (street address or P.O. Box). You can view or edit the business address using this link.

How do I ensure my information is up to date?

You can view and update your contact information by following the steps below:

1. Log into your Amazon seller account.
  2. On Seller Central, go to the Settings menu and select Account Info to view your Seller Account Information page.
  3. In the Business Information section, select the links for the information you want to view.
  4. To change your business name select “Legal Entity” and to change the address select “Business Address”. Enter the new information or edit the current information.
  5. When you're finished, select Submit.

It's September 1 and No Seller Names Displayed?
Reminder notice: Business name and address to be displayed on Seller Profile page starting September 1, 2020
Ask questions to Amazon about Business name and address displayed on Seller Profile page starting September 1, 2020
How can i hide my address?
Advance notice: Business name and address to be displayed on the seller profile page starting September 1, 2020

Tuesday shall be interesting

duplicate threat ?

Why does this apply if all listings are FBA?? It should only appear for fulfilled by merchant.

FALSE, because the seller still owns the inventory. Amazon is just the shipper.

Vendor is a different story.

Very true, however we constantly get emails from customers complaining about Amazon failures and mistakes! One can only imagine the impact of them having personal information on us. That is just the most obvious of potential issues for FBA subscribers. Amazon already has that information which gives them all the control they need to monitor sellers. That is TRUE.

It’s not going to be like that.

For nearly a decade, seller numbers were published.

Duplication of effort is par for the course with the Silo Management Model.

More than a few of us have found themselves Sent Home (both Wanting and Wonting, often enough) as a result…

This is the reason I have always listed a PO box for my business address. So as to prevent unwanted buyers from harassing me about merchandise.

I have heard if we make any changes to business name or address etc that it will suspend your store and ask for new ID verification again? I can do the verification easily but I do not want the listings to be taken offline whilst it is getting approved

I just changed my business name and I did not get any messages about verifying my ID. I don’t have very many items listed so it may be different if you have more items listed? I am not sure about that, however I doubt it if that would really make a difference.

My concern is that I do NOT want my personal name out there - only the business name. Under legal entity it lists both because I haven’t opened an LLC or incorporated.

How do I keep my personal name personal??? This is very important.

To change legal entity name it would make me update the tax info but the tax info is correct. I just don’t want my personal name out there.

You’re right that this is a very important point. Because if a person has your real name and knows what state you are in (they can just use the state the po box you have listed), they can easily find your address by going to the white pages online (I tried it on myself and it took all of 2 minutes to find my address and other information. I really hope they DON’T use your legal entity name otherwise having a po box would be practically useless.

I am looking forward to this. It might direct some of the local Amazon traffic to our retail store and we don’t have to pay a dime for that free advertising.

I find it amusing that some of the people freaking out about this here and on other threads are some of the same people that have, in the past, argued that there is nothing wrong with making hand deliveries to buyers that live close to you.

That shoe sure do feel different on that other foot huh.

I’m definitely NOT one of those people. I would think it’s a huge invasion of privacy. Plus they might have a BIG dog. I’m kinda an introvert too, so I’d feel VERY uncomfortable just going up to a stranger’s house and knocking or leaving a package at their door.

They might be looking out the window at that moment and think, “Who is that person at my door leaving something there? I think I’ll confront them and ask them what business they have with me”. Would be REALLY awkward and uncomfortable for me.

I’ve actually had an order from a customer that lives, literally 4 or 5 minutes from my house (they’re actually a couple of streets down from the post office too :P). But I’d never go to their house. I don’t know them and they don’t know me. They could be a psycho who chases me off their front lawn with a rake while spraying me with a garden hose. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

So under the steps you listed,

However, when I attempted to update the business name to the name I have registered on my business license, it does not allow it because I am considered an Individual/Sole Proprietor for tax purposes; it is requiring me to list my ‘Name (as shown on your income tax return)’, which is also the case for any Single-Member LLCs.

So instead of posting the business name registered on my business license, it is requiring my FULL name.

This is very concerning.

Under settings, then Account info, then under the heading “Business Information” You have Business Address and Legal Entity. You can change Business address info to just your business’ name, so you can hide your real name, but under Legal Entity (the tax stuff) if you are a sole proprietor, it lists your business name AND your real name. This is the question that a lot of people have. Will Amazon use the Business Address info or the Legal Entity info. They have not stated yet, which. I’m thinking common sense will prevail and Amazon will use Business Address, and we all will have worried over nothing, BUT, you never know.

Although they have still left much to be desired in terms of clear, concise, and thus, effective communication (among other things), they have essentially clarified the key point that the name that will be displayed is that which appears under “Legal business name” on the “Legal Entity” page.

In the other post, one of the Admins wrote:

So according to that post, the info that is on your tax interview, i.e. your personal name for IND/SP/Single Member LLCs, will be displayed.