In association with this News Announcement, we are inviting you to ask questions here.
We want to remind you that beginning September 1, 2020, we will display a seller’s business name and address on their Amazon.com Seller Profile page. For individuals entities, we will display the individual name and business address. This is consistent with Seller Profile pages in Amazon stores in Europe, Japan, and Mexico. This will be rolled out across all U.S. Seller Profile pages over the week.
Why are we making this change?
Over the years, we have developed many ways for sellers to share more about their business, including through features like the Seller Profile page, “Store” pages for brand owners, and Handmade “Maker Profile” pages. These features help customers learn more about sellers’ businesses and the products they are selling. We are making this change to ensure there is a consistent baseline of seller information to help customers make informed shopping decisions.
Can I share more information to help customers beyond my business name and address?
Yes, you are welcome to add additional information about your business and products that you think would be helpful to customers. However, remember that you should not include an email address or phone number – to prevent spam and abuse, we require customers and sellers to use our Buyer-Seller Messaging System to communicate electronically.
What address will be displayed to customers?
How do I ensure my information is up to date?
You can view and update your contact information by following the steps below:
- Log into your Amazon seller account.
- On Seller Central, go to the Settings menu and select Account Info to view your Seller Account Information page.
- In the Business Information section, select the links for the information you want to view.
- To change your business name select “Legal Entity” and to change the address select “Business Address”. Enter the new information or edit the current information.
- When you're finished, select Submit.