We are having nothing but issues with Amazon compared to other third party websites we sell on. Here are the issues we deal with. Do you deal with the same issues or what issues do you have selling on Amazon? We have been contemplating closing our seller account. Tough to actually make money with these issues.
- Amazon fees are ridiculously high cutting into almost all the profit. 15% seller fulfilled fee and 30% FBA Fee. Most of our items we would only make 30% on without any fees
- Buyers purchasing an item to just return a much less expensive different item. Amazon has never helped with this issue for sellers and seems like a lot of buyers know this or are learning this and it’s getting worse.
- If the shipping label is not made on Amazon and customer claims they did not receive the item the buyer always wins an A to Z Claim for item not received. Also being learned by customers and getting worse.
- If an item has misinformation it’s a huge pain to get Amazon to fix the misinformation (Most of the time it’s Amazon themselves that have incorrect information when they put the item on Amazon). Takes days to weeks to fix and hours and hours of phone calls to Amazon to get them to fix it. Sellers are responsible for this incorrect information even though Amazon messed it up themselves
- Their customer service doesn’t even know their own policies and are badly trained for these policies. Also can be extremely hard to understand the customer service half of the time when calling them. 1 Phone call can easily be an hour+
- Amazon will not remove customer feedback if it has to do with the Shipping Carrier not delivering in time or any issues with the shipping carrier. Once a seller gives a package to a shipping carrier we have no control over the item from there. This feedback should be going on the shipping carriers end and not the sellers end. We have used all shipping carries and all have had issues from time to time so impossible to fix this and not fair to sellers.
- Sellers are almost always competing with Amazon themselves where Amazon has it set up to win almost all the sales of an item.
- Amazon charges a fee to the seller when refunding a customer. Amazon forced free return’s on items a few months ago as well where the seller has to pay the return shipping charges no matter why the buyer is returning an item.
- Very high rate of returns from customers on Amazon compared to other third party websites. More Buy and Try then return issues as well. Can’t re-sell many returned items as new because of this.
- Amazon does not allow the seller to call the customer. Many situations are easily resolved with a quick phone call. I understand not calling the buyer since Amazon wants their fees and is a great way to skip Amazon but when a problem arises we should be allowed to call the customer to help resolve the situation.
These are the issues that stick out to our company but I’m sure there are many more out there. What issues are you having that frustrate you with Selling on Amazon and does this make you contemplate closing your Amazon seller account like we have been contemplating?