user profile
Sign in
user profile

Priority mail late (*really* late)

by Seller_hA060q8nqygew

How’s this for “delayed”???

“Priority” mail shipped from Portland, OR on December 14 and delivered in Wake Forest, NC on January 22.

Do any of our postal experts have any idea where it might have been hanging out for that month between mid-Dec and mid-Jan?

The buyer has long since been taken care of, but she contacted me today to say the package showed up, and both she and I can’t help wondering where it was hiding during that month.

January 18, 2018, 1:44 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
LINTHICUM HEIGHTS MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 17, 2018, 9:22 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 17, 2018, 10:58 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 17, 2017, 12:09 pm
In Transit to Destination
On its way to WAKE FOREST, NC 27587

December 16, 2017, 12:09 pm

December 15, 2017, 12:09 pm

December 14, 2017, 10:09 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PORTLAND DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

Tags: USPS
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
In reply to: Seller_hA060q8nqygew's post

It was likely stuck in a loop, at the PORTLAND DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX.

I have an incoming going through a similar scenario. I was told, parcels wind up being placed in the wrong numbered bin and keep going round and round, until someone realizes the error and manually pulls the parcel and manually scans it.

If you filed enough complaints, someone finally woke up in Portland, pulled it and sent it on its correct path.

user profile
Seller_V62n1LaWhcN5u

A few decades ago, I worked on a crew that mailed out 120,000 copies of a monthly newspaper. We would regularly find undelivered mail in the bottom of supposedly-empty mail sacks. I’m sure there are lots of other corners and crevices where mail can get lost.

user profile
Seller_nkbMItNdJpbxs

I’ve had a lot of very late priority mail shipments in Jan. They seem to get stuck “in transit” for more than a week sometimes 2 weeks. Dec was fine which is kind of odd. USPS seems to be having some issues lately.

Maybe high return volume and weather causing headaches for USPS this month?

user profile
Seller_mcvheRbxGzGzI

Okay, in light of the above I just went through and checked the delivery status of all my January orders and discovered a high incidence of packages stuck in transit. Notably, two are destined for Georgia and one for Maryland, so this may have something to do with the mid-Atlantic region.

I also noticed two that have been out for delivery for 4-6 days (in LA and CA). I assume that this is something I should open a case for and not something that is likely to resolve itself?

I would recommend that anyone shipping First Class or Priority check to make sure that your orders are arriving. You may be able to save yourself an A-to-Z.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post