user profile
Sign in
user profile

Policy update affecting Mylar bag listings

by News_Amazon

Due to regulatory requirements, all Mylar bags that are not clear or single-colored must be removed from the Amazon store by August 5, 2022.

For more information on these requirements, go to Drugs & drug paraphernalia.

If you use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and have any remaining inventory of Mylar bags that are not clear or single-colored in Amazon fulfillment centers on or after August 5, 2022, these ASINs will be removed from the Amazon store. You must initiate a removal request within 30 days of receiving this notice to have your inventory sent to a location of your choice.

For more information on FBA inventory policies, go to FBA inventory.

Tags: News and Announcements
213 replies
213 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF
In reply to: News_Amazon's post
user profile
Seller_VOptyDYOkeE26

Interesting… well it’s about time.

Unfortunate for consumers relying on supply of these for legal purposes… ahem.

Well, this ought to dent the logistics of many… “trappers” lol.

user profile
Seller_mcvheRbxGzGzI

Thank you for protecting us from multicolor bags.

user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl

Products associated with drugs and controlled substances

1. Mylar bags, which are not clear or single colored

Drugs & drug paraphernalia

What @Dogtamer said, apparently somebody realized that drug dealers sell dope in these sometimes.

user profile
Seller_P38umUEpAjqqU
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_HGNCgmG14eLKq

@Amazon_News “regulatory requirements” Whos ? can you provide us with more details like who is requiring this and why ? Thank you .

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

I’m thinking that Amazon is using the “single-colored” term to strip out bags with drug-type lettering, names, or graphics. Just guessing. They just made the prohibition as wide as possible to give themselves the widest enforcement options possible. There are laws against selling drug paraphernalia and a bag with illicit drug images may violate them.

Just guessing.

user profile
Seller_HiXOrt2PyhSMQ

Listing Hijacked, hijacked, hijacked, hijacked, hijacked, hijacked, hijacked, hijacked, hijacked.

“We’re going to implement policy to come down on mylar bags”

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Who scared Amazon? Why? I get that some part of the population uses the bags for their smell proofness.

But Amazon is still going to allow the sale of the bags as long as they are clear or one color. I do not care what is put in the bag. I do not partake. It may not be condoned by the federal government but may be legal in like 38 states.

You can soon only buy a clear bag or a bag in one of 10 million colors. But if someone wanted to sell a bag with the American Flag on it…banned.

Again, ignore what goes into the bag, the bag is still allowed to be sold. I would assume that it can still be promoted for all of the merits the bag provides.

I hope I see this on the news soon. I cannot sell my product with my logo or even the American Flag printed on it via Amazon.

user profile
Seller_OBMEc8OBQy4TW

I need a more upscale dealer who uses fancy bags. My dealer puts paraphernalia in clear ziplock.

I do get some tea in mylar bags though.

Go to original post