user profile
Sign in
user profile

Packages stuck in USPS system longer than ETD

by Seller_3x7fyYAqWAbjw

Two packages, both shipped with USPS tracking, were stuck in the USPS system for longer than estimated time of delivery, Buyers requested refunds and I gave them full refund. I then requested USPS to do lost mail search and asked USPS to return packages to me, the original shipper. But after USPS found the packages, they delivered them to the buyers instead of returning to me. I have sent messages to the buyers to either refuse and return to sender or requested item return on Amazon to get pre-paid return shipping labels to return the items but they have not responded to my messages and there is no evidence that they intend to return the items. Is there a way for Amazon to get the buyers to return my items or for me to get reimbursed?
Thanks for your suggestions

Tags: Shipping, Shipping labels, USPS
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl
In reply to: Seller_3x7fyYAqWAbjw's post

There is nothing you can do if the buyers are unwilling to cooperate. Move on

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

You failed to state the most important part. Who did you print the postage from? If it was Amazon, they handle the missed delivery window INR claim. If you purchased somewhere else, you have to refund with no return.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

You just learned why you should use AZ Buy Shipping. They would have covered the INR and you may know even know about it.

user profile
Seller_SUH15J3e4q0fZ

I WILL NEVER REFUND WHEN IT IS ON THE POST OFFICE LATE PROCESSING. I ship on time and that’s as far as it goes. I communicate to the customer with tracking and show the date it was accepted at the post office. NEVER, WILL I REFUND DUE TO POST OFFICE delivery issues.

user profile
Seller_YZqZQFMixqA3B

If the buyers are happy not to return the items, isn’t that a good thing? I would think so. Let sleeping dogs lie and be grateful that they aren’t wanting to return anything or asking for a full/partial refund.

As far as the USPS goes, I’ve seen more of this issue in the last several months with my orders on the other site. I have noticed it some on here also. I wish the USPS would get its act together and figure out who they want to be and if they actually want to run a delivery service that provides on-time delivery. This business with packages sitting at a center for over a week or taking the scenic tour on its way to the customer is driving me nuts.

user profile
Seller_KAiI7r7mjHBV7

Buyers can be very communicative when requesting refunds.

No response needed. Out to lunch. What package? You can report on the order that the buyer has ignored your requests. Maybe it will add issues to their order history.

I wish Amazon would require tracking numbers for all orders and prepaid return shipping labels with tracking. Then all sellers would be covered for delivery issues with an A-Z claim. Then Amazon could better track orders where coming and going.

Too many sellers are confused about when to refund. Amazon postage is efficient, I’m not why they even allow postage outside of Amazon. It creates a double standard where some sellers are covered and others not.

user profile
Seller_HPncM84491Fou

BTW, I found that policy at this link in case you want to poke around and read more:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/?itemID=G200202220&ref_=ag_G200202220_h_r0_cont_sgsearch

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post