Price Per Unit (PPU) information is used by customers to compare and evaluate products during their shopping journey. To deliver a complete, consistent, and accurate PPU experience, Amazon will be implementing the following data requirements for U.S. sellers.
- 1. Starting June 12, 2019, products sold within the U.S. Consumable product types listed below will require all new listings to include the unit_count attribute, which was previously optional. Unit count includes a value (unit_count, e.g. "5") and a unit type (unit_count_type, e.g. "ounce"). The unit type will be restricted to the following units:
- fluid ounce
Data submissions without this information will fail. The scope of this change includes any product-level data submissions, whether through Excel templates, Seller Central, or XSD feeds.
- Similarly, on June 12 products sold within the same U.S. Consumables product types will also require updates to existing impacted listings to include the unit_count attribute. ASINs without unit count information or with incorrect values in the unit_count_type attribute will require this information when listings are updated. Any updates that do not include this information will be rejected.
The change will be applicable to the following Consumables product types:
- FRAGRANCE, HAIR_CARE_PRODUCT
- MAKE_UP, SKIN_CARE_PRODUCT
- DAILY_LIVING_AIDS, DIETARY_SUPPLEMENTS
- HEALTH_FOOD, OTC_MEDICATION
For guidance on choosing the right unit of measure, refer to How to determine Price Per Unit. For additional questions and concerns, please contact Seller Support.