user profile
Sign in
user profile

More FBA shipment flexibility with restock limits by storage type

by News_Amazon

In July 2020, we announced ASIN-level quantity limits for products that are stored in our fulfillment network. We made this change to ensure that we can receive and store products for all sellers who use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).

We’ve heard your feedback, and are continuously improving our policies and programs to better receive and store your products.

Effective April 22, 2021, FBA products will no longer be subject to ASIN-level quantity limits. Instead, restock limits will be set at the storage-type level, offering you more flexibility in managing your shipments.

To review your restock limits and maximum shipment quantity, go to Inventory performance or Shipping Queue.

For more information, go to Restock limits by storage type: Frequently asked questions.

Tags: News and Announcements
685 replies
685 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_6AtZ6s8g9oLb1
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I was just making a shipment and noticed this. LETS GOOOO!!!

user profile
Seller_C0GRUpc9RWRSt

This is a great change. The big hanging question from the FAQ…

Will my FBA restock limits change?

We continually assess our network capacity to find opportunities to increase restock limits and best support your business. (aka, we won’t tell you)

It will be nice when Amazon is transparent about how to manage our inventory and sales to improve storage capacity.

user profile
Seller_LumlNfz3xZcuI

This is really bad for me. I have one product that sells really well. It’s standard size. With the ASIN-level restriction, I was able to create a shipment of over 2000 units. Now I can only create a shipment of 29 units.

I don’t sell anything else. No apparel, no footwear, so it’s not good for me.

user profile
Seller_iQgyQYxUcpPpr

The ASIN-level QTY limit was better for us but I know this restock limits by storage type is better for some

user profile
Seller_kMDQAJamQybll

This is an awful change and infuriating. Not sure how other sellers are celebrating it, we went from an available limit of 22,000/49000 units of our main ASIN to now being “overstocked” for ALL of our products. We are STILL not properly stocked since ASIN limits kicked in, and needed to send in those 22,000 on the main ASIN. Great update for every 3PL though, more business for them for all the sellers who sell more than 1 book a month on Amazon. Amazon’s sales are rising because of the pandemic but they’re losing a substantial amount of growth by placing these draconian limits. I’m not disparaging book sellers but it’s extremely frustrating when someone who clearly is hobby selling and constantly posting on seller forums bashes anyone who says any constructive criticism against Amazon.

user profile
Seller_20s4lwSkIsw1f

The limits assigned to sellers is bananas. Will this be revisted? I do 3x or 4x shipments in Q4 and a ridiculous 1,255 units will not cut it.

user profile
Seller_c8hilk2Tqqqkd

And now I cant launch the 2 new products currently being produced and have to hold off on the 3rd thats in dev. because Im already over on my entire restock limit. At least before we had a 200 unit limit on new ASINs… this basically kills any opportunity for growth and launching new products.

user profile
Seller_GOQAN1BzjZ8H8

With ASIN-level limits, our top items were limited at ~33k units max and ~24k units max respectively. Now, our total limit is around ~50k and must be shared across the rest of our catalog. With this change, we can no longer send full container load shipments for our most popular items.

user profile
Seller_eJ6oZ0suC66Hr

For once I don’t mind a new Amazon policy. Though that might be because it doesn’t negatively impact us. I do understand it will impact some sellers. The limits still seem to be based on sales so I’m not sure why some sellers are being rather restricted with the new limits. We’re currently using around 40% of this new limit, so I’m very grateful for the change.

This also makes it much easier to launch new products and given Amazon’s ongoing issues with storage space, I think this is one of the most fair ways to accommodate as many sellers as possible.

user profile
Seller_78a9gnN6Xf9xa

I currently have new 10 products being manufactured (200 units per ASIN as on par with the last set limits for new products). Now my limit has changed to 1000 units maximum when I have 2000 units ready to make a shipping plan for. Is it possible to increase this new limit? 1000 unit max is an extremely low starting point.

Go to original post