user profile
Sign in
user profile

IP Complaint

by Seller_ppya5Q3Hso1Ew

I am a high volume used bookseller, and I have been selling on Amazon for nearly ten years. Today I received an Intellectual property complaint on one of my products. I removed the listing immediately. There were no details in the complaint as to how it was violating intellectual property, but I want to assure this does not happen again. If I am not allowed to list this book then I have no intention of doing so in the future. Therefore I do not wish to appeal the claim on this item, but I don’t want it to appear as if I am ignoring the complaint. Do I need to take any further action?

Tags: Listings
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_iKyNSukcp5kaQ
In reply to: Seller_ppya5Q3Hso1Ew's post

I would reply back to Amazon and explain to them that you resell used books which should be allowed. It’s not like you’re trying to sell the same product over and over. I don’t see why someone would file a copyright claim on you for this.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

I have ceased communicating with Amazon after I delete the listing because the turkeys who get the message do not understand the issue at all. They just tell me some form of gibberish about either how to fix the listing or that it can’t be fixed and never acknowledge what I have told them I have done.

user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

I would appeal it. If you just ignore it you could be suspended or at least have your payments delayed (this happened to me over two complaints I was never notified of but that appeared on my account health. One was a not very recent Japanese language text, the other an obscure out of print true life book).

user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

I haven’t had much luck at all with the listings appeals although they did release some funds eventually. To ask for invoices on a 30 year old book is silly.
Whose IP rights are violated anyway? The author and publisher were both paid on the original sale. As far as “trying to sell the same product over and over” that’s exactly what I try to do if copies are available because it means demand is there. The first book I mentioned I sold several copies of before someone made an issue of it. (That was only for Part I, Part II could still be sold, so it’s very arbitrary).

user profile
Katie_Amazon_old

Hello @BrianLouis,

Katie here with Amazon. Apologies on the delayed response.

You should never ignore a complaint received. As mentioned by @davidsbook

Your account can be at risk of deactivation.

I would recommend you the following:

As you stated that you do not have the invoice for the item, make sure to write why you do not have the proof of authenticity for the item. The plan of action should have the following information:

1. Root cause: Why do you believe was the reason for the complaint?

2. Solutions: What did you do to resolve the issue. Include here that

But that is not sufficient. What did you do to resolve the complaint?

1. Preventive steps: What are you going to do to avoid receiving similar intellectual property complaints and not infringe in other’s intellectual property?

Keep us posted!

Best,
Katie

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post