user profile
Sign in
user profile

Here we go again.....This is becoming the most frustrating issue ever "used sold as new" HELP!

by Seller_LnX5iyPyV6uyc

This seems to be happening more and more with one specific ASIN with tons of competition. The more this happens the more frustrated we get. Over 1,000 sales, lowest price, buy box percentage 74% or so.
The only one suffering here besides us IS THE AMAZON CUSTOMER.
Since we got dinged with a used sold as new complaint the price sky rocketed. It’s hard to imagine that our competition is not figuring out ways to eliminate us from selling this specific ASIN as this has happened to us in the past. It’s kind of crazy that this is a weekly topic for me and an ongoing headache for probably every third party seller eventually.

Here’s our POA and here’s the pics we attached…Any help from pros or mods would be so appreciated. This is our third go around for this ASIN POA. The plan of action will 100% fix any shipping issues. I can’t understand why it gets denied!
Thank goodness we never get suspended but it’s scary to think that we may eventually because of these complaints

A mod has helped me in the past with dealing with a competitor who was filing false “used” claims working the system.

I’m posting the actual ASIN with the actual pictures.
We DO NOT do retail arbitrage. We buy direct from our supplier…

Dear Amazon Product Quality Team,

I would like to appeal the removal of my listing ASIN B008L2K2RA due to “Used item sold as new” product condition complaints.

I understand that Amazon takes complaints about the product quality very seriously and I would like to share with you my Plan of Action addressing this issue.

What caused the complaints:

-After carefully reviewing my entire account, all orders received for ASIN B008L2K2RA, reading my seller feedbacks, product reviews, checking the A-Z claims and returns comments, I determined that the complaints were caused by insufficient product packaging.

-The product was leaving our warehouse in excellent condition but getting damaged during the shipping process

-The product was not packaged in a protective packaging, which would protect it against damage during transit.

-The product was packaged in one single box with no protective wrapping or bubble wrap on the product

What actions we have taken to resolve the issues:

-We will now be wrapping the product in protective wrapping with the necessary child safety warnings

-We will be boxing this ASIN in 2 boxes. Once in the protective wrapping inside a 12” x 12” x 12” box and then wrapped with protective bubble wrapping and then inside a 14” x 14” x 14” box.

-While this ASIN B008L2K2RA used to be packaged lose in their box, I have repacked them in bubble wrap to prevent any further damage during transit.

-We have attached pictures in the JPEG format

-I have personally checked all my remaining inventory for ASIN and discarded any units with damaged packaging.

-Prior to sending any new inventory SFP, I have placed stickers on the packaging stating that if the seal is broken, the units cannot be placed back into inventory. This will help me prevent used-sold-as-new complaints related to returns.

What we will do to prevent similar complaints in the future:

-I will continue sourcing all my inventory directly from the most reputable suppliers in my country.

-I will be regularly checking the conditions of my items to ensure that all customers receive them in a 100% perfect state

-I will make sure that all items are packaged as securely and carefully as possible to prevent damage during transit.

-We have checked the listing and confirmed it is accurate and there is no ambiguity

I believe that my Plan of Action sufficiently addresses the issue and I am looking forward to having my offer reinstated.

Tags: ASIN, Buy Box, Fees, Images, Listings, Pricing, Product removal
38 replies
38 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
In reply to: Seller_LnX5iyPyV6uyc's post

Sorry, I did not read everything. But my guess is you were using cheap boxes to begin with. It doesn’t appear that you added anything to shore up the corners. Instead of double boxing just use a stronger box. You might not want to use ACE boxes.

But back to your POA. If you have invoices, that should basically solve the used as new.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

@OLWH2020, thank you for posting the photos–very helpful!

I cannot imagine that your new method would result in any damage that could be attributable to you. But for the, um, fun of it–have you tried the 3-ft drop test? Just to make sure? I know that’s an FBA requirement, and you are FBM (SFP), but it would be something to add to your POA.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Sorry forgot to mention that you were probably shipping it better than FBA would. Other than it “should” have been bagged if FBA.

user profile
Seller_OKBYeuMWY3fgD
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

Craftsman is in flux right now since licensing has been sold to multiple retailers, but you may want to look at the “used, sold as new” from a different angle.

I was a diehard (pun intended) Sears manager for 17 years up til the Kmart “buyout” … when I bailed out.

This Rubber Hose has been around for about 40 years and is really good (in its original form). I’ve noticed that different versions have been circulating depending on the new license holder. Some have stamped ends, some chromed-brass and the original heavy Brass. They used to all have (not sure if the currently have) date and manufacturing codes.

Ace may have a different version than Lowes and different than Kmart. Things are a little creepy now that the brand is being sold off.

Instead of “used sold as new” meaning “damaged” or “shipped/packaged poorly”, you may be facing a labeling or product-not-matching issue. The current brand-holder(s) may be policing 3p sellers and just hasn’t figured out the “counterfeit” or IP angle yet.

Let’s face it, the prospect of damaging one of these hoses in shipment is a joke. The 3 or 6 foot drop tests are almost laughable for a product that could survive a drop from a low-flying plane or falling out of a speeding pickup truck.

I am curious about your non-RA sourcing for a licensed brand. I am not asking for info, just pointing out that retailers have paid dearly for the aging and diluted “Craftsman” brand rights. Buying this brand from a supplier should be at least as difficult as buying a house-brand like “Kirklands” or “Members-Mark”

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

Without even seeing what Amazon sent you, I can guess the problem.

Read my thread and focus on the format of your response.

Also make sure you email the response and never send as an attachment.

Post the last communication from Amazon.

user profile
Seller_LnX5iyPyV6uyc

I get protecting the customers.
I understand the amount of Chinese and other foreign counterfeiters have made things difficult for Amazon and for buyers to trust some listings

But!..I’m not selling from China.
We also don’t have a crew of people “scanning” items at Walmart to resell.
We’ve had thousands of transactions with no incident.
And forget about saying how much I did a year in selling on Amazon…I prefer to focus on the fees.
Our company paid over $300K in Amazon fees in 2019 alone
We are a good solid company with great employees.

I do not expect any preferential treatment because of our sales or fees paid. BUT, I do expect to be treated fairly and honestly but that seems to not matter in these cases and it’s obvious by the number of sellers that are going through the exact same thing

user profile
Seller_FYNdoigJ1zzEy

Didn’t want to open a new thread.

Having similar issues where buyers state received not new or used, but when they return its nothing but buyers remorse. To avoid re-stocking fee buyers use this trick of received used or not new in comments for return request or even in a simple message. This is enough to trigger the amazon bot.

POA: Is there a point submitting a POA if you can’t produce an invoice within 365 days?

The products are discontinued products from 2-3 years ago.

I already have 2 in my account health for product condition complaints. Is there an untold limit as to how many you can have before you get the boot off amazon. Been here since 2003 & have seen the changing tide

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

user profile
Seller_ccGwGOKR2bPtJ

You didn’t address the inventory being dirty. Perhaps they are wanting to make sure you store them so they don’t get dirty while in storage as well.

user profile
Seller_49pAMBSPEe6HX

Post the actual customer comment that triggered the bot

Go to original post