Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

Fedex reporting wrong delivery dates, Expedited Shipping Options Shut Down

My Fedex deliveries seem to be having issues. I was curious if I was the only one. We ship all orders on time and have been doing seller fulfilled prime for a year now. We do NOT have late deliveries. I get an email today saying my metrics have fallen below the requirements. I check into the report and all of the orders that are late have the same issue. They show out for delivery on the right day and then show delivered the next day. Amazon marks them as late. I am unsure if they were delivered on time or not. This is totally out of my control either way.

What should I do? I would not like having my SFP shut down for up to 30 days.

26 replies
Tags:FedEx, Fulfillment, Prime, Seller fulfilled
26 replies
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Do you understand how Fed-X really works? All their delivery drivers are independent contractors. They will scan delivered so the quota and time frame is met, then leave it on the truck to deliver another day. :train2:

user profile
Seller_o3H7Matxku4mV

We stopped using Fed Ex for this reason. They are sending us price quotes at half the price to get our business back now…

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

They show out for delivery on the date required by Amazon. We are doing regional prime.

They then show no delivery on that date. The next day there is no “out for delivery” just a “delivered” statement. It is not how it usually looks if something is not delivered on a date. It usually says “will attempt delivery the next business day” along with a new “out for delivery” for the next business day.

user profile
Seller_nKyeSPxRmseAq

Been having problems getting things i order that end up being shipped fedex. I ordered an item a month ago that never showed up and the tracking only showed shipped, no movement. The seller ended up refunding me then the package randomly showed up friday. Tracking never changed. I’ve had something like this happen 3 times now since january.

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

Unfortunately

That’s not totally true. You choose a carrier that did not perform. And now you KNOW they are not performing-when you saw this beginning to happen you should have switched carriers and started asking Fedex some questions.

For most people the answer to this problem is to switch carriers.
That will work for your first appeal.

BUT

If you have to appeal again and again you will run out of carriers to blame.

If I was in your shoes - I would be contacting the carrier and finding out if these were really late and / or if they were being scanned somewhere to meet meet Fedex metrics on time?

Unless these were all local deliveries it seems odd to me that you would see the same issue with the tracking all over the place between states unless you have a centralized issue, you may be able to nail this down, but not sure you will be able to get them to change their ways. Typically its hard to get them to change their practices.

I would suggest, if you are not already doing so, and you expect to continue shipping with Fedex if this is how they are going to act- you would need to be shipping a day earlier - and maybe dial back your cut off time so you can get everything due to be shipped out the next day- actually shipped THAT day- which would buy you a day on the delivery in the end.

If you are already doing this- I would switch to a different carrier until you can get an answer from FedEx that this should not be happening and a promise things are going to change.

SFP will not accept its not my fault so I am going to keep using this carrier.

Your appeal this time- is easy- change carriers- or at least diversify carriers and spread any potential problems around.
But remember, if this happens again and again you will be out of carriers to blame.

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

We switched from UPS to Fedex because of UPS issues. The truth is that none of these carriers are perfect and always on time. The goals Amazon sets can not always be maintained because of something that is out of the sellers control. I ship the items SAME DAY and according to the carrier it will arrive on time. When it does not that is NOT my fault. I can only go by what the carrier tells me. I can not ship them a day earlier than the day they ordered.

We take shipping on time seriously and always have. We are the fastest to ship in our industry. Its what has set us apart for years. We make the items in house, have many stocked and ship same day for affordable prices.

I will be contacting Fedex as over 30 orders were late in 30 days. At least according to the tracking.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

FEDEX ground/home is an unreliable service. Sellers who use it for time critical shipments are trading cost for reliability.

Shipments often spend several days on the local delivery truck. The delivery date is likely to be correct.

I avoid ecommerce sites which ship via FEDEX ground because I cannot trust the independant contractors in our area. They scan delivered days before deivering, or mark as no one home when I’m there, or drop heavy items outside without ringing the bell.

I have no sympathy for anyone who uses them for SFP. You get what you pay for.

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

We are/were unaware of such. Over the last little while with Fedex, we have had few issues with late deliveries.

We had a 96.77% on time rate. Just shy of the 97% and this is the first time it has ever happened not of our own doing.

We are diving into them now. Many simply offer no reason for why they are late. Others(a handful) show as weather delay. It seems weather delays everything even if its sunny outside.

Fedex is a major carrier. It seems like if they say they it will take 2 days to get it somewhere they should make that happen.

Is UPS really that much better at being on time with ground shipments for SFP?

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

Like USPS Priority or the Express Options?

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

It seems crazy to me that Amazon penalizes the seller for something that isn’t in their control. If you ship by one of the methods that Amazon tells you you can ship by to meet the deliver date, and you do get it shipped the day you are supposed to, that should be it. We can’t control what everyone in the world does or doesn’t do. We should only be responsible for that which we have control over. I don’t buy the whole, “You can switch to another carrier that is more reliable” thing, either. They all screw up from time to time, and if Amazon is saying it is ok, then it shouldn’t bite us just because some random employee of the shipping company messes up. The metrics should be solely based off of what we have control over.

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

My Fedex deliveries seem to be having issues. I was curious if I was the only one. We ship all orders on time and have been doing seller fulfilled prime for a year now. We do NOT have late deliveries. I get an email today saying my metrics have fallen below the requirements. I check into the report and all of the orders that are late have the same issue. They show out for delivery on the right day and then show delivered the next day. Amazon marks them as late. I am unsure if they were delivered on time or not. This is totally out of my control either way.

26 replies
user profile

by Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

26 replies
26 replies
26 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Do you understand how Fed-X really works? All their delivery drivers are independent contractors. They will scan delivered so the quota and time frame is met, then leave it on the truck to deliver another day. :train2:

user profile
Seller_o3H7Matxku4mV

We stopped using Fed Ex for this reason. They are sending us price quotes at half the price to get our business back now…

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

They show out for delivery on the date required by Amazon. We are doing regional prime.

They then show no delivery on that date. The next day there is no “out for delivery” just a “delivered” statement. It is not how it usually looks if something is not delivered on a date. It usually says “will attempt delivery the next business day” along with a new “out for delivery” for the next business day.

user profile
Seller_nKyeSPxRmseAq

Been having problems getting things i order that end up being shipped fedex. I ordered an item a month ago that never showed up and the tracking only showed shipped, no movement. The seller ended up refunding me then the package randomly showed up friday. Tracking never changed. I’ve had something like this happen 3 times now since january.

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

Unfortunately

That’s not totally true. You choose a carrier that did not perform. And now you KNOW they are not performing-when you saw this beginning to happen you should have switched carriers and started asking Fedex some questions.

BUT

If I was in your shoes - I would be contacting the carrier and finding out if these were really late and / or if they were being scanned somewhere to meet meet Fedex metrics on time?

Unless these were all local deliveries it seems odd to me that you would see the same issue with the tracking all over the place between states unless you have a centralized issue, you may be able to nail this down, but not sure you will be able to get them to change their ways. Typically its hard to get them to change their practices.

I would suggest, if you are not already doing so, and you expect to continue shipping with Fedex if this is how they are going to act- you would need to be shipping a day earlier - and maybe dial back your cut off time so you can get everything due to be shipped out the next day- actually shipped THAT day- which would buy you a day on the delivery in the end.

If you are already doing this- I would switch to a different carrier until you can get an answer from FedEx that this should not be happening and a promise things are going to change.

Your appeal this time- is easy- change carriers- or at least diversify carriers and spread any potential problems around.
But remember, if this happens again and again you will be out of carriers to blame.

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

We switched from UPS to Fedex because of UPS issues. The truth is that none of these carriers are perfect and always on time. The goals Amazon sets can not always be maintained because of something that is out of the sellers control. I ship the items SAME DAY and according to the carrier it will arrive on time. When it does not that is NOT my fault. I can only go by what the carrier tells me. I can not ship them a day earlier than the day they ordered.

We take shipping on time seriously and always have. We are the fastest to ship in our industry. Its what has set us apart for years. We make the items in house, have many stocked and ship same day for affordable prices.

I will be contacting Fedex as over 30 orders were late in 30 days. At least according to the tracking.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

FEDEX ground/home is an unreliable service. Sellers who use it for time critical shipments are trading cost for reliability.

Shipments often spend several days on the local delivery truck. The delivery date is likely to be correct.

I avoid ecommerce sites which ship via FEDEX ground because I cannot trust the independant contractors in our area. They scan delivered days before deivering, or mark as no one home when I’m there, or drop heavy items outside without ringing the bell.

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

We are/were unaware of such. Over the last little while with Fedex, we have had few issues with late deliveries.

We had a 96.77% on time rate. Just shy of the 97% and this is the first time it has ever happened not of our own doing.

We are diving into them now. Many simply offer no reason for why they are late. Others(a handful) show as weather delay. It seems weather delays everything even if its sunny outside.

Fedex is a major carrier. It seems like if they say they it will take 2 days to get it somewhere they should make that happen.

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

It seems crazy to me that Amazon penalizes the seller for something that isn’t in their control. If you ship by one of the methods that Amazon tells you you can ship by to meet the deliver date, and you do get it shipped the day you are supposed to, that should be it. We can’t control what everyone in the world does or doesn’t do. We should only be responsible for that which we have control over. I don’t buy the whole, “You can switch to another carrier that is more reliable” thing, either. They all screw up from time to time, and if Amazon is saying it is ok, then it shouldn’t bite us just because some random employee of the shipping company messes up. The metrics should be solely based off of what we have control over.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

user profile
Seller_o3H7Matxku4mV

user profile
Seller_o3H7Matxku4mV

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_nKyeSPxRmseAq

user profile
Seller_nKyeSPxRmseAq

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

Unfortunately

BUT

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

Unfortunately

BUT

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu