user profile
Sign in
user profile

Fba onsite returns & reimbursements

by Seller_3QIhzNaiqbTwC

I apologize in advance for posting this message under both the “selling on Amazon” and in the" Fulfillment by Amazon" forum sections- I’m not sure where I might get the most views and responses.
We are participating in the FBA Onsite beta program. We know that the program is very limited nationally right now but hopefully some of you few who are involved will see this. And if not, perhaps some of you involved in standard FBA will be able to offer some insight.
We have been on the program for almost 2 months now. After a very slow start it is ramping up now and we have shipped about 500 orders. From those 500 orders , our inventory dashboard/manage FBA returns shows 15 orders returned. Of those 6 have a status of complete- returned to inventory.
1 has a status of unfulfillable- customer damaged, 1 has a status of unfulfillable- carrier damaged (we have already received reimbursement for this one) and the rest show as return started. Of course refunds were issued from our account for all of the orders.
I have some questions regarding these returns and I can’t seem to get straight answers from onsite support. Can anyone help ?

1. For the returns showing as “complete-returned to inventory” -where is the product ? The returns ship back to an Amazon fulfillment center somewhere- not to my node. So I have refunded the sale but have no product at this point. When new orders come in is Amazon going to ship that product from their fulfillment center to the customer if the center is closer to the customer than our onsite node is ? If so that is great. But if not- there has to be a way to get that inventory back to my node. The only product that appears in my “remove unfulfillable inventory” is the one customer damaged product. I have created a removal order for that.
  2. Concerning that “customer damaged” order that I created a removal order for…I see that I will be charged $.50 to handle the removal. Will I also be charged return shipping ? And if the customer damaged the product, why was it refunded at all ? And why from my account ? We are primarily an SFP seller and are used to filing saf-t-claims. Do you use those in situations like that or is there some other way to get reimbursements ?
Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, Fulfillment center, INR (item not received), Lost shipment, Shipping
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_aVd8LKa5ewtbO
In reply to: Seller_3QIhzNaiqbTwC's post

I don’t do FBA Onsite but I found this in a post from 2017.

Returns go back to an Amazon fulfillment center for the time being, though they’re saying its on the chopping block for sellers to begin taking them back right away. But for now, all returns will go to an Amazon fulfillment center and NOT be placed into their fulfillment network, but rather be set aside to be batch shipped back to us on a regular basis.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

This is the only charge to get Amazon to ship it back to you. FBA customer damaged is normally not reimbursed

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

Just because Amazon like their customers and as majority of others business do not charge them for accidentally damaged item.

If you are not with them on this policy don’t sell on Amazon

Once you shipped inventory to FBA it is no longer your concern where it is stored. Amazon fulfills all orders.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post