user profile
Sign in
user profile

Does UPS Deliver Your Amazon Packages at 6:30AM?

by Seller_nP8tOTj4fnSqx

I don’t usually order #1 mailing envelopes from Amazon, but I needed a box of 100 fairly soon and I figured the price of $20 with free shipping was good enough. I placed the order the afternoon of Friday, February 9.

The confirmation showed it was coming from Secaucus, New Jersey, and would arrive by Friday, February 16. On Wednesday, February 14, an email from Amazon informed me that bad weather had delayed the shipment but it still might arrive by Friday.

The next update was that UPS tried to make delivery on Monday, February 20, but no one was available to accept delivery. I checked the UPS tracking site and it told me that delivery had been attempted at 6:34am. I work from home but most packages go to my office, which opens around 9am. I am usually still asleep at 6:34am, so I suppose I should be happy that they didn’t try to deliver at home.

Today, Tuesday February 21, the UPS truck showed up at 11:36am and delivered our order from 12 days ago.

Tags: Shipping, UPS
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_hEK1BzjtMmufx
In reply to: Seller_nP8tOTj4fnSqx's post

I’ve never had them arrive that early but they are often listed as out for delivery as early as 6am

user profile
Seller_s7F7fMBDtix0d

Could it be a time zone difference… perhaps their site is on Pacific time and you are on Eastern?

user profile
Seller_hXiz9WEBcgZSC

UPS begins delivering around 6 am to businesses. They typically know which companies are open at that time and schedule their drivers to go to those places. Likely, your work address was on one of those early morning routes and is why it was attempted that early.

They typically don’t do that at homes. Likely some cities have bylaws similar to noise ones which prevent solicitation at such early times. UPS would likely fall under those bylaws.

user profile
Seller_zyG3AlejdFqKL

not sure but I once got the package delivered around 9:00pm

user profile
Seller_2nv0EjVB3DYrR

Never that early. I have had a few packages attempted over the weekend that shocked me. Our business is closed on Saturday and Sunday, but certain packages are delivered on weekends. Ironically I wanted a packaged delivered one weekend, but the vendor said weekend shipment was not available.

user profile
Seller_oMXYzM6uzwICt

Possibility your work address (or part of it, if more than one business at your location) was reported to dispatch as being closed, so therefore it was"held" a day for an attempt to be made the next day when the business would for sure be open. They are not delivering at that hour, but loading onto package cars. If the service level is an early a.m. they might be delivered after 7am before 8-8:30am.

user profile
Seller_oO12enilQKTRg

I’m with S P Emporium, my guess is that the tracking was showing PST. Did you actually go to UPS.com to see the tracking, or did you see it through the Amazon page? Amazon is on the West coast, so 6:34 PST is 9:34 EST. However, if it does show 6:34 AM on UPS.com, then maybe you just got a lazy driver who knew he didn’t want to deliver that day and marked it as an attempt at 6:34.

user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF

At our ups terminal here, the trucks dont leave until 8.30 to 9 am. If you are heading on the freeway about 8.45am, there is a steady stream of ups trucks merging from the onramp to the freeway.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

My experience is similar to UsedElectronicsSelle and the first deliveries of the day are Next Day Air Deliveries

user profile
Seller_feZ6UJivtVPlP

UPS driver was cheating. UPS has service guarantee and they have to refund money if that guarantee is not met. And then obviously UPS driver gets in trouble. So sometimes they cheat the system by marking item as “delivery attempted” thus avoiding “late” guarantee problems.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post