user profile
Sign in
user profile

Delivery Attempted

by Seller_dKEJgRLaIE442

I never merchant fulfill up until a few days ago 100% of my sales have been FBA. I had a couple things laying around that I wanted to get on to the marketplace ASAP so I listed them MF. Everything has gone smoothly until yesterday when a package delivery was attempted but unsuccessful. The reason being that USPS had no access to the delivery location.

I try to call them but couldn’t get through their layers of automated voicemail. What should I do?

Will the package be delivered?

The attempt was on Jan 28th the expected delivery is Jan 29th so obviously I’m going to wait and see what happens. USPS said they are going to reattempt the delivery.

Should I contact the buyer and give them a heads up?

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, USPS
26 replies
26 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S
In reply to: Seller_dKEJgRLaIE442's post

Why are you tracking your orders in the first place?
And there is no need for you to contact the buyer.
USPS has very likely already done that.

user profile
Seller_cajUy7KY82A4x

USPS will attempt redelivery usually the next day. Then they will leave a notice for the buyer to pick up the package. Don’t babysit your tracking numbers…it will drive you crazy unnecessarily. If someone reaches out with a problem, then look into the situation.

user profile
Seller_dy0iaamuixQa3

I respectively disagree with the other comments about not attempting contact with the buyer. It takes about as much time to IM him/her via Amazon Messaging System as it does to write on this forum. Last time this happened to me, I immediately sent a note to the buyer via Amazon system … marked “Important.” She replied back with an alternative address. Eventually, she got her package at the other address and was delighted that I had given her the “heads up.” I won a top rating for service. (Of course, I’m just a small seller, But that’s how I would like to be treated.)

user profile
Seller_sx5lgKXSf4WCZ

@raw_books is right, don’t change the address, ever, unless you want to take the risk of losing your product and your revenue from the transaction. And the sophisticated scammers know this.

user profile
Seller_HdeBnTOAI99r0

If it was shipped to the upper midwestern states, many locations were inaccessible due to the monster snowstorm that hit the area yesterday.

user profile
Seller_dKEJgRLaIE442

It seems to me like the consensus is USPS knows how to do their job and I should let them do it.

user profile
Seller_3ac7gr3NwucCC

It is against Amazon phone number privacy to contact the customer by phone. Phone numbers are only for carrier use when required. You should use buyer-seller messaging system to contact a customer.

I don’t think it is a waste of time to track your orders, especially since you are mostly FBA and only do SF once in a while, and you have the time to do it.

I track my shipments to get ahead of any problem. I know if there has been any problem before the customer contacts me. Sometimes I have already determined that a delivery scan was missed and called the PO, etc.

Then I wait for the customer to contact me if the items never gets delivered. I can usually give them a resolution or explanation on the FIRST initial contact.

This is key to the customer’s peace of mind. Most are a little irritated when they contact you. The buyer doesn’t think they are being put off or that their issue isn’t important to you. Buyers don’t care about your work load or volume, they are interest in THEIR order. I average about 2 sales a day, so this works for me.

If you are a high volume pro-seller this will not work for you. This info is solely for the original poster and their situation. The PO usually make 3 attempts before the item is returned to sender. They all leave a note for the customer with choices they can choose, such as reschedule date, hold at PO for pickup, etc.

On the 4th or 5th day, you should see updated tracking information about the status of the item if not delivered.

user profile
Seller_7fOGTwVdsdAkO

I do understand the reason for tracking initial orders to see how they pan out. USPS will update the buyer, I don’t think they would contact the buyer, though. They would only post their updates on USPS.com, which many of my buyers don’t look at. They just go by what Amazon updates them on. I fall in the same issue sometimes, too, where they don’t have access. It’s a killer, so I do call USPS to see if there’s a way to provide more information for access.

user profile
Seller_dKEJgRLaIE442

So do we think the package will be delivered? Can this have a negative impact on my account? I bought shipping through amazon.

Obviously if the address is wrong it won’t get delivered I know that. I tried to contact PO and couldn’t get through to talk to a person.

user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

Could be anything - downed mailbox, driveway snowed in or ice covered…if they are unable to deliver the package is kept for two weeks (I believe) and then returned to sender.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post