user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customers didn't receive package though tracking number was delivered

by Seller_Bsg1C8MT6eZes

Hi.
Lately, I have tooooo many messages about the fact that customers didn’t receive the package though tracking numbers approve delivering, therefore we are receiving also some negative feedback from that.

Is there any solution?

Can we ask for a refund from the shipping company?

Thanks.

Tags: Fees
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs
In reply to: Seller_Bsg1C8MT6eZes's post

If you use Buy Shipping Services, Amazon will cover all INR A-Z claims and remove any negative feedbacks as well.

user profile
Seller_Bsg1C8MT6eZes

Ok, Thank you very much for the reply.
But Amazon will also return the paid label that the package got lost ?

user profile
Seller_ujScHTwvcsrwf

If i get a Where’s My Stuff? email before an AZ is filed I use this, for USPS anyway:

Hello!

I am sorry to hear you have not received your package. If we can not track your package down I will refund your money for this order. We request that you check some things on your end first:

Please verify this is your current mailing address because this is the address on the order.

XXX XXXX
XXXXX Drive
XXXXX, XX X0X0X

Please check with other members of your household to see if anyone may have put your package aside. This happens a lot! I’ve done it to myself!

If you live in an apartment complex, please contact your rental office to see if they are holding your package there. Some packages won’t fit in your mailbox so carriers will often leave packages at a manager’s office for safekeeping.

Consider calling your local post office with the tracking number (XXXXXXX) and ask them if they can assist you further. Sometimes they have more information than what we can see online. They may even have your package on hold for you. If they
Thank you for your patience!

XXXX XXXX XXX

user profile
Seller_AaMUBl1nKAhmS

Shipped through amazon usps. No didn’t mention anything about postal inspector

user profile
Seller_tGfMnoKCaqTnA

Kindly ask the customer to open up an AtoZ claim item not received. If communication is non-existent then the buyer will get a refund one way or another via customer service phone calls. IF you’re sfp then you’ll be covered by a safe-t claim “You purchased signature-required shipping through Buy Shipping Services, and the tracking shows the item was delivered, but the customer claims they did not receive the package.”

I wouldn’t mind hearing if people are up the creek if they aren’t sfp and customer service issues a refund???

user profile
Seller_1I2CYF3S9l0vE

Packages get stolen, thats a fact. If tracking shows it was delivered then the best thing you can do is check with the buyers PO and ask the buyer to check with other members of their household. If the package still cannot be found and you did not buy your shipping through Amazon then you will have to refund the order regardless of what tracking shows.

Amazon does not accept tracking as proof of delivery. If you bought your shipping through Amazon then they should cover you if an A to Z claim is filed but that is not always the case.
The last thing you should do is start throwing around vague threats of sicking the postal inspectors on them. No matter how politely you put it it is still a threat to the buyer and can be seen as an accusation. It is the worst possible way you could handle it.

The people that suggest such tactics are sellers that think any buyer that complains is a scammer and should be treated as such but in the end you will find that you get much better results by providing good customer service as opposed to resorting to childish threats. The vast majority of Amazon customers are honest and 99% of the time when a buyer says they did not receive the item they are telling the truth regardless of what tracking shows. A lot of packages get stolen off porches or out of mail boxes and, right or wrong, the seller is responsible for that. That is both Amazon policy and part of mail order law.

Work with the buyer and be polite but at no time should you try to threaten or intimidate the buyer. There is nothing wrong with filing a lost or stolen mail complaint if the item is not found but there is no reason to tell the buyer you are going to do so except to try and intimate them. If you use this tactic and the buyer suddenly “finds” the item you will never know if they were really trying to scam you, or a family member brought it in and forgot to tell them, or if they just decided to forget the item because they were afraid of being accused of a felony. No matter how politely you say it, telling a buyer you are going to contact the postal inspectors is a threat. The posters that give that kind of advice couldn’t care less about you or your business. They just post it to get “likes”. In the end you will just have to decide if threats and intimidation tactics are the way you want to run your business.

user profile
Seller_tGfMnoKCaqTnA

Just found out for the most part that AtoZ is only applicable for Merchant Fullfilled orders.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post