user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer demanding refund without return

by Seller_ThDmRrWvUtbTW

Hello:

I received negative feedback because I won’t refund an item unless it is returned to me.

The feedback removal manager did nothing to address the issue. The response made me think it wasn’t even read.

What is most disturbing is the customer openly stated he has gotten other sellers to refund without return and that is why he is upset with me.

He ordered a first print of a comic which is what he received.

I have contacted jeff@amazon about the situation. I am worried that other customers read the feedback and think that refund without return is appropriate.

Tags: Fees, Product removal
105 replies
105 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO
In reply to: Seller_ThDmRrWvUtbTW's post

No refund without a return. This is how is should be, but isn’t.
There isn’t anything that Jeff or anyone else can do to remove this type of feedback.
People have figured out how to cheat the system.
Unfortunately, this is the bad part of the way business is done here.
We all get trashed in this instance.

user profile
Seller_UWUiBvmRG1TYb
This post has been deleted by moderator
user profile
Seller_Xc2tHMK1tFMeC

Had a recent customer do the same thing. Threatened negative feedback if I didn’t refund the item and this was prior to the package even arriving at their residence. Some people just suck a$$ and we have to deal with it. Probably not this jerk’s first rodeo. I am keeping a list of these folks and looking for repeat behavior. Anyway good luck…We as sellers should keep a global black list of dirty buyers, unfortunately as well as they know the system, many are probably resellers doing arbitrage.

user profile
Seller_9G9p8bhiCnQub

Don’t be bullied by this customer. You can comment on their feedback stating how they threatened you. People see that. It won’t affect your sales.

I NEVER refund without receiving my item back. Even when I know it will go to the trash. I don’t reward bad behavior. Some customers start a return request thinking I wouldn’t want to proceed but I go straight to the end. Due process has to be followed for the sake of other sellers too. Good luck to you.

user profile
Seller_KAiI7r7mjHBV7

If I were a buyer reading your feedback comments, I would be more put off by recent feedback that mentions product condition is not as described. You might want to consider downgrading the conditions of your items if buyers are disappointed with condition and also mention that in feedback comments. It’s better to surprise buyers with a better condition than to disappoint them with less. It would also help to improve your feedback rating in the long term.

user profile
Seller_kmOYnzfudGLbE

Just let it go, no big deal. There is A-holes of all kinds. They think the world owes them for existing. Only what? 2 percent of purchasers may not have the right mind set that you have to deal with. Who reads feedback anyway when customers are purchasing on here. I believe maybe less than 1 percent of customers actually leave feedback. I wouldn’t get bent out of shape over it. It is more of a hassle trying to have it removed. It is just a part of business just accept it. But at least you can defend yourself by leaving a comment after feedback received. I wish you had the option to block certain buyers like you can on ebay. Oh well you know, life goes on.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Oh, Its Very Appropriate…!

user profile
Seller_tGMMDMdAm1PGH

like we say in the military embrace the suck

but over the years I noticed a more liberal stance on reimbursement, freebies etc on .com than .ca or .uk etc

user profile
Seller_etzuR2VWGFKtX

This is where you write a very professional response to the feedback stating only the facts. "Customer bought XXXXXX on 4-3-20, requested a refund without a return on 4-10-20, Told 4-10-20 that to receive refund they had to return the item. As of 4-17-20 We have not yet received item back. If/when it arrives back to us, after inspecting the condition of item, we will promptly send refund to customer. "

At no time you do not want to appear snarky. Save that for here LOL! Would this guy be able to walk into WM, or any other store without the item and expect to receive a refund? Of Course not, yet for some reason people here do. Ridiculous!

user profile
Seller_Wvs1oHDUVPC6o

What I would do then, is respond directly to the negative feedback that he has to return item for a refund and you are following amazon policy.

Go to original post