user profile
Sign in
user profile

Complaints about Post Office

by Seller_KSfG5Wd1M9NUb

Does anyone have a number or email in order to file a complaint against a post office and the employees?

I’ve searched the USPS website and cannot find anything.

I have a post office that not only was the representative rude but the supervisor as well. The post office will not answer any calls at this time. They blatantly lied after their GPS scanning showed delivery to the wrong address and were snotty and ignorant.

The customer had opened a missing mail complaint and a week later still had no resolution. The ignorant representative called me back to inform me that the customer was an idiot and the package was in her mail receptacle and had been there for a week. The customer had not only been patient but very cooperative. When I informed the customer of this, she had already checked the box several times. She immediately went to her box and watched the carrier sticking it in the box. Now no one at the post office will answer my calls. Not only was this unprofessional but a lie.

This is why I always call and verify the scan location. I try to get the exact geo tracking location so I can advise the customer. Many times customers do lie or do not check their box but when you give them specifics of the house and where it was delivered, they miraculously find it.

Tags: Customer
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp
In reply to: Seller_KSfG5Wd1M9NUb's post

File a Complaint with the U.S. Postal Service
If you have a complaint about the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), need more information, or have a suggestion or compliment, you can let them know in one of several ways:

Use the USPS website’s Email Us form. Select an inquiry type that most closely relates to the complaint or question that you have. On the website, you can also file a claim or request a refund for shipping.
Call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) or TTY: 1-800-877-8339.
Speak to the station manager (postmaster) at a local post office.
Write to the U.S. Postal Service’s Consumer Advocate office at:
United States Postal Service
Office of the Consumer Advocate
475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, D.C. 20260-2200

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

You failed to state if you used postage printed thru Amazon. If you did, you should have referred the customer to Amazon for a resolution, in your FIRST communication. Now that YOU decided to make it YOUR problem, Amazon will assume YOU will handle everything, including a full refund.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Follow the directions in the link: https://emailus.usps.com/emailUs/iq/usps/request.do?forward=emailUs

You will be able to enter the exact post office location, during the form questions. This is the best way to file and you will receive a case number. USPS normally follows up, within a week. Make sure to state, you do NOT want to speak to a representative at the post office you are complaining about.

Before you send the complaint, make sure to copy and paste the main details into notepad, for your reference, since once it’s filed, only USPS will see the information. They do not send you a copy - only an acknowledgement.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post