user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer refused delivery. Full refund?

by Seller_5x4in7G2tf0QK

Just had a buyer asking us when would he would get his refund. I then looked at order and he refused delivery. This was a large item, so shipping wasn’t cheap, so would you issue a full refund or a refund less the shipping on this instance? If I do a full refund will Amazon cover the shipping if I do a Safe-T-Claim?

I told him that a refund would be issued as soon as we received the refused item. I’m thinking this guy will be trouble and wants his refund now, but I don’t feel safe issuing a refund now, since we haven’t received the refused item.

Tags: Refunds, SAFE-T
24 replies
24 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_6OMUOUOVkLhf5
In reply to: Seller_5x4in7G2tf0QK's post

Do not, did I say, Do not refund until item is received back to you. Regardless of what return shipping says. Until it is in your hot little hands, then you do as Amazon will allow.

user profile
Seller_3BRo7QVhMPq0N

Wait for returned item to arrive, than follow with Amazon policy,

user profile
Seller_abVWd82H5MT0p

Please take the advice from old_marine. Do not refund until you have the returned item in your possession.

user profile
Seller_rN1OJxuI7j6aM

If a customer refuses delivery and the reason is buyer remorse (changed their mind, found a better price, decided they wanted to order a different color, etc.) then you are ALLOWED to charge a restocking fee equal to your shipping costs. Your shipping costs are equal to what you paid in shipping to send the product to the customer plus what you paid in shipping to have the item returned to you.

Note that if the customer refused delivery for a legitimate reason (shipping box was damaged, item arrived late, etc.) then you cannot charge a restocking fee.

You will win an A to Z claim if the buyer files one for not receiving a 100% refund. Attach screenshots of the shipping charges when you submit your A to Z information.

user profile
Seller_pD7PZGu37MVL9

You must wait for return order come back. Yes you are allowed to deduct all shipping cost as well as 20% restocking fee for refused order.

user profile
Seller_5x4in7G2tf0QK

Thanks guys and gals and will follow the provided advice.

user profile
Seller_0O69KFvrK41OD

DO NOT REFUND UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE ITEM BACK!

A refusal of delivery is considered buyer remorse. You only have to refund the item price. you can deduct return shipping costs (if any) and withhold a 20% restocking fee.

user profile
Seller_GUAOqRYicSfGk

Just keep in mind, they buyer can leave negative feedback if you charge a restocking fee.

user profile
Seller_kLIeEMV0zQFmb

Plus, regardless what happens, unless the buyer opened a return authorization, you will not be able to file a Safe-T-Claim.

user profile
Seller_5x4in7G2tf0QK

It isn’t good, but at least I don’t have to pay for the return shipping.

Go to original post