user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer claims item not delivered - Tracking says item was delivered, then wasn't?

by Seller_OPomL0ilFKAbE

From the USPS tracking info:
February 8, 2018, 6:24 pm
Unable to deliver item, problem with address
CHICAGO, IL 60622
USPS was unable to deliver your item as of 6:24 pm on February 8, 2018 in CHICAGO, IL 60622. The address may be incorrect, incomplete, or illegible.
February 8, 2018, 6:22 pm
Delivered, Front Door/Porch
CHICAGO, IL 60622
February 7, 2018, 10:16 am
Out for Delivery
CHICAGO, IL 60622

Has anyone ever seen this before in tracking? What is the next best step?

Tags: Address
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_j1NiizhsjJNHC
In reply to: Seller_OPomL0ilFKAbE's post

Tracking errors are not over-ridden or erased. The newest report is the one you go by until you see another. If you can work with the buyer and their post office, there is hope of getting delivered or sent back to you.
dwight

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

It clearly says it WAS NOT DELIVERED… Where do you see “Delivered”?

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

You will want to open a case with the post office ASAP. These things can take far longer to resolve without intervention than your buyer will likely be willing to wait.
My interpretation of the tracking is that- one possibility for example- the item was on the way to the front door and the mail person encountered something that then made that not possible such as the address not having the correct apt or unit number or a mailbox or a sign on the front door saying ccondemmed stay away, or there was a big dog that ran out and chased them away. Could be alot of things. But if you wait for USPS to sort it out they could take up to a few weeks get it back to you. You never know.

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

This problem will not get fixed on its own - or at least not very quickly. You have to be proactive.

Start by telling the customer that you are aware of the problem, and that you are going to fix it. Then do so.

Call the postmaster for that zip code. ( This is best done at beginning of shift, often 7 or 8 am ) Ask them to find your package. If you are polite, they will usually do it.

user profile
Seller_qcYD2FHe1ZE44

I would wait until Monday or Tuesday to do anything. There was a major snow storm in Chicago on Friday so the porch was probably not accessible. It Will go out and be delivered once the snow has been cleared and the postman can gain access to the porch.

user profile
Seller_IBL1FdfYov50p

You could put a call into their post office and see if they can trace the package.

user profile
Seller_OPomL0ilFKAbE

Yes, calling the PO was my plan tomorrow morning. I assume it was due to the snow and I have already been talking about this with the buyer. I have never called a postmaster before - is there anything to say or ask for, besides help me find this package?

user profile
Seller_fY6dI71dCelqs

Yes, do call the persons post office, give the track number they will look up or see if its there at the PO awaiting pick up, since the could not deliver (?) for who knows what reason, and have them recheck the address too.

I have had this happen b4 …and then it 1) gets either sent back to me, 2) i request a redelivery, online, you may wish to try that, or 3) is sitting at the PO, just tell them your a seller and the issue, best of luck!

user profile
Seller_k4qiIaglVE99E

if you purchased thelabel from amazon directly, you are covered
contact the buyer tell them to check with their family members… or neighbor… but you are covered.
if you shipped it to the address he provided , purchased the label from amazon, you dno’t have to ship another one. then again it’s up to you

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post