user profile
Sign in
user profile

Be asked to provide OTP every time I log in

by Seller_r9SS5wZ6XPvXt

Hi everyone. I am recently asked to provide OTP every time I log into Amazon seller center, even though I clicked to check on the option of “Don’t ask me for OTP on this browser”. Any ideas?

Tags: International expansion
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_T0I28ZM6o8kU2
In reply to: Seller_r9SS5wZ6XPvXt's post

Me too. I also get logged out much more frequently than in the past.

user profile
Seller_BLrc4tDDpExWd

Same thing happening to me for the past couple months.

user profile
Seller_OBdaXqVdfOPb7

Enter the OTP and play along. It’s not that much of a hassle compared to being hacked and disabled for days or weeks on end.

user profile
Seller_NPkEohpHRPghx

I am getting this also for the past week. How do I disable it? I always click "Do not require OTP for this browser. But I still have to input the OTP every time I log in.

user profile
Seller_e5R9h8AplUcL3

I also check the option “Don’t ask me for OTP on this browser” and keep being ignored.

I use three different browsers, gets to be a real bother times three. I have another person/browser that is allowed on my account, now a bother times four. Every time they want to log in my phone gives me the OTP and I have to send it to them.

Also, my phone is not grafted to my ear and it is not always near at hand.
Early AM, wife is still asleep, do not want to disturb.
Left it on the patio.
Left it in my car.
Left it in another room/garage.
Battery is dead.
Wife is using it in another room to contact LLC customers and I want to log on.
I had a financial institution that got so many complaints they changed their system to “opt in” instead of opt out.
Truly a solution looking for a problem.
Yes security is a big problem however “OPT in” is a much less intrusion on our daily life.

user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO

Since the beginning of OTP — I always have to log in this way.
It’s been quite a long time since it was set up.
You can no longer opt out of this for this device – the button does not work, no matter how many times you click on it.
It wouldn’t in the past, and I doubt you can do it now.
I thought OTP was mandatory to get to seller central.

user profile
Seller_k92qC7ZEdwFvU

This is so frustrating. I too have checked the “Don’t ask me for OTP on this browser” and it doesn’t work. I have to do the OTP whenever I sign on. My cell phone isn’t always nearby and it is frustrating and time consuming to have to do this. Amazon please fix.

user profile
Seller_TgtzcKfnLvnKG

I’m getting banged on after only 20 minutes of non-use. Or everytime I switch from a general catalog to a Seller-dedicated page. And yes, the “not required” is no longer working. There’s safety and security, then there’s just plain nuts: EVERY TWENTY MINUTES? 20-30 times A DAY? REALLY???

user profile
Seller_jw3HRo32wY2Hk

Things went haywire for me with this back in September. Only way to fix was change ISP! Yes I’ve seen it more this week as well - might be a bad omen if it signals Amazon are defending against an attack.

Historically, clearing all cookies in your browser might also help reduce the amount of OTP requests.

Incidentally I’ve seen internet banking use of these OTP codes is now migrating to combining some other value with the OTP code - e.g. numeric amount of payment. This presumably prevents scammers using the code for another purpose if they manage to harvest it using some nefarious method. I wonder if Amazon need to up their game and do something similar.

user profile
Seller_TgtzcKfnLvnKG

Actually, before whatever recent change Amazon implemented that has led to the runaway-OTP’ing, it was LEAVING the Amazon cookie intact that made the “not required” function. But that has been eliminated. My browser is now set to completely dump everything whenever it is closed, because it doesn’t make a difference in retaining anything. So, no, cleaning cookies is not the antidote. Actually, with whatever modification Amazon put in place, I believe there is no user recourse.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post