user profile
Sign in
user profile

Anyone else noticing the USPS losing packages more often?

by Seller_tTXtLvprIcRBm

I’ve been selling books for several years on amazon and have always used USPS media mail. I’ve maybe had an 1 out of about 500 packages lost in the mail on average, but over the past two months I have noticed a much higher frequency of a customer messaging me saying the package has not arrived. Sure enough, each time I check the tracking I see a few updates as its in transit then just drops off the face of the earth.

Most of these customers contact me about a week or two after the last update which tells me it’s most likely lost and contacting the USPS seems useless, so I end up having to refund the customer.

Are any of you other sellers, whom use USPS, noticing a rise in undelivered packages?

Tags: USPS
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_poLc4g2tJ5vV6
In reply to: Seller_tTXtLvprIcRBm's post

I haven’t had any undelivered packages (knock on wood as I have two out now) but I have noticed the tracking is never updated. Items I ship by Media Mail but with Tracking seem to only be scanned when they arrive, not when USPS picks them up, moves them between centers, etc.

user profile
Seller_bz6uHS1DbMmww

I’ve seen an increase of packages being stuck in the “In destination to next location” or miss-scanned … scanned at one location then scanned again 2 hours later at a location 800 miles away, yeah impossible.

The recent rate increase must not have been enough.

user profile
Seller_Tb9z0iOxA9QDP

We have had an increased amount of delay and missing mail within the last 2 months. We even had a package that was supposed to go to Texas and ended up in Puerto Rico. Not sure why the increased issues. I file a claim with USPS every time something arises in hopes this will help them in accounting for the problems.

user profile
Seller_HHJqHzaLgvVyD

Yes! I’m trying to track down status on 3 packages from the past 2 weeks that are just permanently “in transit” – Can’t get answers from anyone. And one made it within a few miles of its destination in Texas, then was re-routed to Washington DC! Is this to be expected more often now???

user profile
Seller_stbRSi882hOgN

Same here! Super frustrating! Earlier this month (March) there were a significant number of stuck “in transit” packages mainly to the north east. I assumed that it had to do with the Nor’easter storms. Noticed a trend with NJ addresses earlier in the month but now it seems to be for all delivery addresses regardless of the regions affected by any storms. Coincidentally, I have been getting tons of emails with missing packages with confirmed “delivered” tracking updates. All USPS. Anyone else on the same boat?

user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO

More and more buyers have read the Reddit article on how to get free stuff from Amazon. It has made an impact on sellers’ businesses. Using this as an excuse to get their money back - and you don’t get your merchandise back. It’s very sad… the scammers out there.

user profile
Seller_El8dAPzsau656

There is a epidemic of packages being stolen off of peoples porches across the country. And I think the post office is not enforcing postal delivery persons to take the time to mark packages as delivered, when they actually have been. You would think the postal service would implement more neighborhood postal lock boxes for packages instead of leaving every thing by the door but so far they haven’t done so. For inexpensive merchandise it is a crap shoot, a risk of doing business. For more expensive items you just have to put signature confirmation an them. Not that UPS of FedEx are dong any better they have packages stolen seconds after the truck drops them off by “poachers” literally following their trucks around, I’ve seen it on the local news.

user profile
Seller_poLc4g2tJ5vV6

I’ve had 3 go missing in just the last week. I sell a lot of video game guides (books) and early on never had any issues but just in the last few days I’ve had a few go missing. Oddly they all 3 stopped progressing/disappeared at the same site

Saint Paul Mn Network Distribution Center

That is the last update on all of the items that disappeared and then nothing after that.

user profile
Seller_Uh7IUzg1aDPA6

Yeah, we’ve already lost few thousand dollars because of USPS. One was a story when we shipped 65lbs package with USPS and driver was refusing to take it, because it was too heavy for her. When we filed a claim, the package disappeared in few days, in the status it said delivered to PO Box, and when I told them it was so big you wouldn’t be able to fit in PO Box, they said customer picked it up from a branch. And I took this case everywhere I could, I called about 100 different numbers, even their local police to report fraud, they refused to accept it saying USPS has their own police, and their police just redirected me to customer service which did nothing… etc.

Once the shipped a package with signature confirmation and insurance and the status said delivered, but customer complained he didn’t receive anything. The address on the delivery confirmation sheet is not the one where it was supposed to be delivered. After filing a claim we got a mail saying that they are refusing the claim as it was delivered to the customer.

I have spent so much energy and time in resolving all of these issues, but what I noticed is that absolutely nobody cares there, it’s nobody’s fault there. And if you get into trouble, you better forget about that package. And the worst thing is that they get billions of dollars of taxpayers money every year to do “the work” they are doing.

Not shipping anything worth something with USPS anymore.

user profile
Seller_kfHBI1pV510Ux

Wow, this scares me! I’m a low-volume seller and have barely sold on Amazon for the past 4 - 5 years. I’m just getting cranked up about getting into it again, and then I came to the forum and saw this issue. I know there are some alternatives to USPS, but don’t know what they are - ANYBODY have info on alternatives to USPs. Thanks!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post