user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon is ending the Early Reviewer Program?

by Seller_6n7KYENyOel1X

Just got an email saying the ERP is being eliminated as of today? Why would Amazon do this?

Tags: ERP
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AevYmOVtgtKV2
In reply to: Seller_6n7KYENyOel1X's post

I know I use it all the time. Posting the email here for others:
Hello,

As of March 10, 2021, we will no longer allow new enrollments in the Early Reviewer Program, and will stop offering the service to sellers currently enrolled in the program on April 25, 2021. You will not be charged for any reviews for enrolled products that are published after this date, and you will not be charged for the service if the program has not generated any reviews for your business.

Amazon will return your program fee within three months after the program closure date for any active enrollments with more than one review and not completed by April 25.

Amazon continuously innovates to improve our shopping and selling experience. Over the past several years, we have made numerous improvements to encourage buyers to review products on Amazon. These initiatives, such as One Tap Reviews and Global Review Sharing, have proven more effective in generating reviews than the Early Reviewer Program. We will continue to build new features to improve our store for customers and sellers.

Your continued success is important to us and we thank you for selling on Amazon.

Early Reviewer Program Team

user profile
Seller_OxjIxwlMmwmlP

Yea, pretty devastating news for us as well. Pretty bummed as we were getting ready to launch a new brand. The program worked great for us.

It’s pretty clear that the program was essentially buying reviews in a way so I suspect that’s the reasoning. How different is that from the Facebook deals that offer something for a review which is technically against policy.

Amazon was making 75 points per item on that program so clearly it was a profit center.

Too bad, and I am sad…

user profile
Seller_eJ6oZ0suC66Hr

Its quite disappointing. They do make the point that its easier to get reviews now but in the beginning when a product has no reviews, the Early Reviewer Program is extremely useful. There are very few legitimate ways to acquire those first reviews so its sad to see they discontinuing one that works well.

user profile
Seller_Djlnq1msok4fD

I paid $60 and received 5 reviews somehow got deleted today. disappointing contacted CS told me to open a case, still waiting for reply.

user profile
Seller_SuN44FGAknz7f

Whaaaat, noooo
That was such a useful tool.
Why Amazon removes good things?!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post